Tuesday 4 September 2012

Same stamps, different card....


Hey!

Happy Tuesday - this Tuesday is a bit of a shock to the system as it's back to school for me this week! So if you've noted an absence in my bloggin' or presence around Blogland, it's because of one of the following:
  • I'm doing all the work I said I'd do in the holidays.....
  • I'm trying to rescue my tea-stained timetable to see what I've got (seriously, my shiny new timetable lasted less than an hour before I gave it a vintage look - unintentionally!)
  • I'm sleeping! Zzzzzzz.....
Well before you know it, autumn will be here, (I'm secretly happy - it's my favourite season) so let's see summer out with some colour:

You {water}color my world

Or should that be watercolour? Yup - I couldn't resist trying the technique that seems on trend right now, watercolours. It was fun to dig out my watercolours and paint again. You don't need watercolours for this though; the same effect can be achieved with markers (I hear Distress markers are great) or your ink pads with a bit of water. :)

I whipped this card up when I had the supplies out for this card. I like that if I'm short on time, I can still whip up a card that still plays on the sentiment (although I'll always love the 'magic' of the interactive version *wink*)

I also entered this simple card into the current challenge on A Blog Named Hero (to use embossing on your project) and the  August Hero Arts Challenge - CAS stamping. I only wish I'd had time to enter more - that challenge was right up my street. *wink*

Right then, back to work for me!

Thank you so much for visiting here today!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{you color my world}
Stamps: Globe from the set Wonderful World (Hero Arts)/Sentiment from Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versamark/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Detail Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous)/Watercolours (Art Supply)

15 comments:

maria f. said...

Happy back-to-school to ya. What do you teach? Art, I hope.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...love the soft feel that the water colors give the card Aimes!

Hope day 2 is tea spill free :)!

~amy~ said...

Back to school...same with my kids:)

Awesome watercolored card...it looks magnificent!

Hank Hendricks said...

This is stunning card. Beautiful design. How can i learn such nice designing for joining the Plastic card printing and designing company? I really appreciate this inspirational creation.

itsallrosi said...

beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful watercoloring!

Maureen said...

those stamps always make me smile, Duchess. The different ways you use colour are always so fun :) Too bad about the vintage planner...any way of getting a new one? That's why I take good care of our secretary throughout the year :) Ugh, back at it today! Enjoy!

Karen B. said...

The fresh colors go so well with this design.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Aimes! I love the edges of your water coloring and such a perfect stamp combination.

Nerina said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft artsy feel of it and the classy look of the resist! I hope you can still read your timetable well enough. Stained with tea? I'd say the value of it went up!! :0)(LOOOOOVE tea!)

Katie said...

That is a beautiful card. Am going to have to look into that stamp, love how you have used it.
Your interactive card was AMAZING!

sandie said...

love the water colouring and good luck back to school

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I went back to school this week too....and I'm totally exhausted! (but the kids seem to have endless energy...)

Love this card, I'm a big fan of watercolors!

Debby said...

Pops perfectly off that black background!

Cris said...

I love the look of the watercolor on your card! Lovely!
Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.