Thursday 5 February 2015

forever friends...

forever friends
Hey!

Woo hoo! Happy Thursday! Happy 5th-of-the-month! Happy Clearly Besotted release day! :D

Yup, those sweet products we've been teasing you with over the past few days are revealed in full on Stephanie's blog and they're available to purchase from 10pm tonight (UK time)!

Today's card in the final sneaky peeks uses the set, Friends Forever. Clearly Besotted flower sets are always popular so I'm pretty sure that this set is going to be a favourite. Not only does it contain two beautiful floral images but the co-ordinating sentiments are designed using that gorgeous, script-style font juxtaposed against the bold typewriter font. Love. It.

I know the picture of my card is a little different to what you normally see here. All I can say is that I ran out of daylight and I'm incredibly fortunate to work with a photographer who has a studio in our offices to photograph cards...*wink* (Thanks, Tym!)

tips and tricks
  • Although the sentiment is 'friends forever',  for design purposes I switched the words around. This still works (I think!) and the sentiment fits nicely around the flower. 
  • I originally planed to just mount this rectangular stamped panel onto my card front, but felt that was kinda boring. It also meant I'd have more white space to think about! So I opted to curve the top by drawing around a circle die. Easy. 
Well? Have you got your shopping list sorted for tonight? If you need more enabling, then be sure to take a peek at Stephanie's for the full reveal and more links to the Design Team sharing inspirational projects! :)

Thanks so much for visiting today and over the past few days. It's so good to be back blogging and creating - I promise I won't leave it it a couple of months before my next post!

Signature2

15 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oozing class and sophistication here. Love it. x

KandA said...

Beautiful card and fabulous colours, have enjoyed seeing all your inspiration with the new stamps.
Huge congratulations on your marriage and best wishes to you both for your future together. The wedding photos were fabulous and such a super place to marry (I've been to Chatsworth several times) xx

Emma said...

Wow Aimes - the colouring on this is imense!

Anonymous said...

Aimes, this card ROCKS! I love that you switched the sentiment and the curve in the white space really makes the image pop! Kudos to you, kiddo!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card, the rounded edge is unusual and add a "je ne sais quoi" to the design.

Sue said...

This is stunning! I love the image, gorgeous colours and amazing design.
Sue xx

Larisa said...

I love your card, it's beautiful and elegant.

Michelle Short said...

Absolutely stunning, Aimes! Love it! xx

Kara said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bright coloured image and I love the sentiments from this set.

Sarah G said...

Love the rich colouring and curved edge - gorgeous!

Debby Hughes said...

Oh it is so good to pop in here! Glad you are back! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :D

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You certainly have whetted my appetite with these truly gorgeous cards Aimes! I think that the setiment looks great that way around too. I MUST get all of these terrific stamp sets . . . maybe I'll win a couple ;) Following on Facebook and the blogs! Hazel xx

Sheila_G said...

Really nice cards!

Rubeena I. said...

I absolutely love this!!! It is just gorgeous. What did you use to color the flowers??

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.