Wednesday 4 February 2015

Monkey business...

cheeky monkey
Hey!

Well we're halfway through the week and just over halfway through our Clearly Besotted sneaky peeks. The February release is available to purchase from 5th February (tomorrow!) at 10pm UK time. I hope that you're liking what you've seen so far – there's certainly more to come!

Today's card combines three of the new sets to create a card for a cheeky monkey! This cheeky chappy and the sentiment is from the set, Wild Thing. He's swinging in the trees created with leaves from Sketched Blooms with a present from Laugh Out Loud. I love how the these three different sets can work together. The googly eyes were a must. I couldn't resist. ;)

tips and tricks

  • The leaves were stamped with Distress Ink and then brushed with a wet paintbrush to spread the ink to achieve the watercolour effect.
  • I pruned the leaves to fit them onto the card front like a jigsaw. Before adhering them, I sponged some Peeled Paint Distress Ink onto the surface to help them blend in a little. 
  • I originally stamped the present first, then masked it to stamp the monkey on top. This gives the appearance of him holding the present. However, I then later decided to paper-piece the present so there was no need to do this LOL!

Well that's enough monkey business from me today. Swing across to Stephanie's if you haven't already to check out some more enabling wonderful sneak peeks from the Design Team. :)

Thank you so much for swinging by here today – see you tomorrow for the final day of CB sneaky peeks!

Signature2

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Such a fun card Aimes, and great how you combined the three different stamp sets. Love it! x

Jenny said...

Now this is my kinda card Aimes, love it :0)

Jo Nevill said...

Super fun card ! x

Michelle Short said...

How cute is this Aimes? :) I love how you have combined the different sets, what a great little scene xx

loulou said...

Absolutely adorable. Been looking forward to those googly eyes.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun, adorable and stunning Aimes.

Maxine said...

Soo cute! I love how you've combined the 3 sets Amy x

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Brilliant design! X

Peanut said...

Adorable....just adorable, Aimes.

Leni said...

Sweet card! Thanks for the tips on the shading!

Sarah G said...

Such a cutie - love the eyes! Great way to combine the sets too :)

Debby Hughes said...

Totally love this guy! Rich, colourful, playful and googly eyes are always a winner ;)

Cindi (ScrapinOMA) said...

Beautiful....thanks for showing us your beautiful work.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.