Monday 2 February 2015

Hello...?

hello
Hey!

Hello? Is anyone there? Well after a near two-month blogging break I'm wondering if anyone might actually be visiting by here anymore! To anyone who is reading this, welcome! It's been a while and a lot has happened in the meantime (more on that later though!) but the main thing is that I'm B.A.C.K. :D

It certainly feels fabulous to be back blogging and I'm going to be sticking around over the next few days with some serious enabling of the new Clearly Besotted February release!



Oh it's felt so good to get back on the CB bandwagon and get busy with these amazing goodies. The release is available to purchase from 5th February 10pm (UK time) and there's something for everyone! From cute to contemporary, CB has it covered. :)

I thought it might be tough to get back into the cardmaking habit for the blogeroo after so long away, but when you have yummy products to work with it certainly kicks the mojo into gear. Today's card features stunning images and a sentiment from the new set, Sketched Blooms. I fell for this set instantly. The beautiful, detailed images. The wonderful font used for the sentiments. I think it's fair to say it's a favourite!

tips and tricks
  • The leaves appear behind the flower thanks to a simple masking technique. I always keep any masks I make for future projects too.
  • Distress Inks were used to colour my images by tapping them onto my acrylic block, misting them with water and using them as watercolours.
  • I placed the mask back onto the flower before adding some green Distress Ink splatter to protect the pink bloom. 
Well I'm sure you probably came here from Stephanie who is sharing a list of everyone joining in the release fun including our fabulous guest designers, Lucy Abrams, Jo Nevill & Jen Nelson! But if you haven't, then do pop across as there's plenty more enabling to be done!

***Warning! Plenty of non-crafty pictures ahead! Please feel free to hop along!***

As for me, I mentioned that a lot had happened in my near two-month blogging break. Christmas came and went and I've been creating a lot for publications that I can't really share here yet. But most importantly, I gained a husband, changed my name and had the best day ever. Our wedding day! Yup, I'm now Amy Gray and I'll be updating things with my new name in time. I could seriously bore you all day week month about our wedding but I won't. I'll just leave you with some pics from the talented Jo & Simon from Shoot Lifestyle Photography:

We kept things non-traditional and both got ready at home. I loved how casual the morning was - not a single nerve was felt by this bride!

ACG-068

I love that we have pictures to treasure of our home. We're lucky to live in a hall from the 1600s and seeing as we're looking to move soon, we wanted to make our home a big part of our day.

ACG-122

I debated on paper flowers for my bouquet (after all, I am a papercrafter with hay fever!) but I'm so happy that I opted for real flowers. I had pussy willow in my bouquet as a tribute to my dear dad who passed away two years ago. I think he would have loved the fact that it complemented my faux fur coat too. A happy coincidence.

ACG-066

I couldn't get my craft on half as much as I would have liked to but I did love creating our cake topper thanks to a Lia Griffith template to use with my Cricut Explore. :)

ACG-166

ACG-317

We had every weather going that day. Snow, rain, hail and fortunately some winter sunshine - just in time for the photography! :)

ACG-403

We were married at Chatsworth which is beautiful in itself, but at the same time sentimental to me. It's where I spent many summers growing up, jumping in the river from a rope swing (which you'd never catch me doing now!)

ACG-382

ACG-407

Though you can catch me jumping on a horse for a photo opportunity! It was much easier getting up there than it was getting down...

ACG-493

I'm pretty sure that's enough for you but just in case it's not (Ha! Who am I kidding?!), the extremely talented and lovely Jo and Simon from Shoot Lifestyle Photography have shared more pictures here. We can't thank them enough for the precious moments they captured.  Oh and the miracles they can work with a camera too! :)

And if you're still with me after all of that, thank you so much for your patience with my blogging break and for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with another CB sneaky peek!


Signature2

44 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Aimes, it's great to have you back! Beautiful creation and fabulous wedding photos! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone's creations with the new February release. xx

maria f. said...

Congratulations to the Mr. and Mrs. Looks like you were a glowing bride! Nice to see you here again.

Caryn said...

Ahhh - such great memories Aimes - best day ever! Great to see you back on the blog too - we missed you, sniff!
Gorgeous card - love the splattering!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Gray! Your wedding looked absolutely gorgeous! Glad you're back!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Amy
Fabulous photos ... You look stunning... Fabby Dress ... Jacket... Stunning flowers... Thanks for showing them to yourBlogging Pals...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, you look stunning on your wedding day, glad the weather held for your pics. Your card is fab and I know I will be quite a few pennies poorer or the 5th!!
Lorry:o)
Btw, love what you have done with Simply Cards and Papercraft and this months freebie was just fab

Lynn said...

I absolutely love all the gorgeous wedding pictures Aimes...your love certainly shines through and it looks like an absolutely perfect day. Wishing you and Chris so much happiness! Love your beautiful card too...so soft and elegant.

Emma said...

Yay! what beautiful creations you ALL are. You can see all the goodness and talent here on show from the creativness of your projects to the happiness in your smiles.

Michelle Short said...

So lovely to have you back creating Aimes! Stunning card, it is beautiful as are the stunning photos from your wedding <3 xx

Jo Nevill said...

Your card and wedding pictures are stunning ! Welcome back ! A great star so far !!! :P

~amy~ said...

Yay! For crafting and sharing gorgeous pics!
Your card is amazing and perfect.
I love your photos...truly an amazing event!

Trish said...

Congratulations, you beautiful bride! And glad you're back, your card is gorgeous! (pinning it)

jc2711 said...

Your card is beautiful :)
Also thank you for sharing your wedding photographs both here and on Shootlife style, they are all wonderful and even though I do not know you they brought a tear to my eye.
All best wishes for your future together.

Jackie

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations! You both look so happy and I wish that this happiness will last forever! Thank you so much for sharing some photos!
It's nice to have you back blogging! Love your card!

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous and WOW! - such stunning Wedding photos, you both look so happy, it sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Sue

Cornelie said...

Congrats, and what a beautifu bride!!! Your card is beautiful. I really like how you made the background!

Marisa said...

A huge congrarts on your wedding!! LOVED scrolling through the pictures on the photographers website - they did an AMAZING job!!! So many wonderfully unique angles etc. What wonderful memories captured for years to come :)

Maxine said...

Wow Amy, you look amazing, & the photos are beautiful.
Huge congratulations to you both.
I'm not bored at all, very entertained, lol Xxx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Glad to have you back, Amy! Love your wedding pics and you look so gorgeous. Congrats again!

Miranda V said...

Welcome back Mrs Grey! You both looked great on your wedding day! Your card looks great too, how wonderfull that your mojo didn't get lost after the little break. Enjoy all the crafting again!

Judith said...

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Grey!
Beautiful bride and groom and the photos of your wedding are great!

The card for CBS is very pretty and sparkling - just as your beautiful wedding dress. Thank you for the inspiration!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Wow! Congrats!! You have AMAZING, Beautiful wedding photos - it looks like your wedding was wonderful! I love the gorgeous backdrops!

Your card is beautiful too! I love the soft colors and splatters :) Welcome back to blogging!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Love your gorgeous card! Congratulations on your wedding!!! So pretty! Glad you shared - it was neat to see. :) best wishes for a long happy life together !!!

Victoria H. said...

Congratulations to you both; what a gorgeous bride, beautiful pictures and lovely memories you have your special day! Your card is gorgeous, love the soft feel and pretty texture!

Anonymous said...

A massive congratulations Amy!! Thank you so much for sharing these precious memories with your 'bloggies'. I feel enriched after seeing those stunning pics of a gorgeous couple and definitely snuck a peak at your album. Your style and sophistication is ever present! Oh, and I love the card, as usual!

Lindsey said...

I know I lived your card, but honestly I can't remember it now as I got totally lost in your gorgeous wedding photos. I'm so glad you shared! Biggest congrats to you both. You make a lovely couple and you are certainly one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen! You better believe I am headed to check out some more of the photos from your special day. :)

claude techer said...

congratulations Mrs Gray !
your photos are fabulous !
God bless you !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.
Congratulations on your recent wedding. You look gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your pics with all of us :)

loulou said...

Amy, you make a gorgeous card and an stunning bride. Congratulations

Sarah G said...

Gorgeous card and even more gorgeous wedding pics - love them! It looks like the perfect setting and a wonderful day :) Glad to have you blogging again and these beautiful sketched blooms are so pretty. Thanks for the big CBS set on the latest magazine too - just got mine :)

Mirra`s Mom said...

ooooooooooooooh! you are SO BEAUTIFULLLLLL!!!! my congratulations!!! be very very very happy!
and the card is so cute!

aaga said...

You were beyond pretty, Aimes and I'm glad you both have a really wonderful day. Congrats!!! Your photographer also did an awesome job with those shimmering lights. :-)

conil said...

Congrats to you and Mr. Gray...how looks like a terrific fellow. You look absolutely gorgeous in your gown, as does your lovely bouquet. Sweet that it & Chatsworth recalls such tender memories. As for your card...I've missed your ability to make simple things look fabulous.

Carole said...

Stunning, beautiful dress, flowers setting how lucky were you, looked a perfect wedding xx

Laura said...

I wish you both a long and happy life together. Fantastic dress, beautiful settIng and a handsome husband-- looks like a perfect day!

Cindy Lovell said...

First of all,i am so happy to see you back!! Your card is beautiful!!
You where one amazing looking bride! So beautiful! I love the photos,thank you for sharing!!

Dorothy C. said...

Congratulations and welcome back!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful wedding pictures.

Debby Hughes said...

What a stunning way to come back! Both the card and the photos :D

Brandi said...

Beautiful pictures Amy! Congratulations!!!

Brandi said...

Beautiful pictures Aimes! Congratulations!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Congratulations. :) Beautiful picture of the Mr. & Mrs. together.

Mary-Anne V said...

sorry this is so late in coming. but CONGRATS! Wow you look stunning and your dress simply gorgeous! The pictures were beautiful! So happy for you. BTW very nice tribute to your Dad in your bouquet.

Robin Cooper said...

Congratulations!!! Lovely dress!! Lovely Bride!! Thanks for letting us see your pictures. They are very interesting.

Wida said...

i am so behind on things. spent some downtime after work catching up on YOU. I enjoyed seeing pics of your beautiful day. Your dress is one of the most amazing I have ever seen (a real person wear, you know, not on the runways). Congrats to you and Mr. Gray!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.