Tuesday 3 February 2015

friend...

friend xoxo
Hey!

Awwww you guys! You know how to make a girl blush! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back to Blogland and for your beyond-sweet comments about our wedding. Still getting used to being Amy Gray here (note to self: change my blog header) but it does have a certain ring to it! ;)

Right back to business. Clearly Besotted business. We've got yet more fabulous sneaky peeks to tease you with today. Today's card features images from Simply Silhouettes and a sentiment from Friends Forever. These sets complement each other so much! :)

tips and tricks
  • This card really was screaming for some more texture in that white space but time (well, daylight) was against me. However I'm hoping that at least the strip of Washi tape at the top helps to balance the design. :) 
  • The silhouettes have been inked with Distress Ink and spritzed with water before stamping. This creates a lovely, soft watercolour effect without being an artist. Simply add more detail with a co-ordinating Distress Marker after for more depth if you'd like it. 
  • I hope it's not just me who hoards these acetate transparency sheets from Hambly. I added a strip of the hoarded stash to the bottom using a strip of tape along the bottom and covering it up with silver cardstock. 
I'm sure you've already visited Stephanie to see some more, but if you haven't then do pop across to see more sneaky peeks from the rest of the Design Team. You won't be disappointed!

I'll be back tomorrow with yet another sneak peek and maybe, just maybe, some googly eyes too... *wink*

Signature2

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Another stunning creation Aimes! x

Caryn said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, I love your addition of the washi tape and softly coloured flowers

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So elegant and feminine and apologies if I missed you yesterday ... hellishly busy. I'm thrilled you are back and huge congrats on your recent nuptials! Photos are pretty good too! xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Aimes, I love the water colour effect on the flowers and wonderful detailing.
Sue xx

loulou said...

Beautiful card Amy. I love this new CBS set

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful, Aimes! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Wonderful card, Jo x

Anonymous said...

So loving this gorgeous card, Ames!! I would have never guessed you used acetate at the bottom...cool idea! Can't wait to see your "googly" eyes...LOL!
Hugs!
Sunshine Sharon

sableturquoise said...

ravissante !

~amy~ said...

How pretty! Love the strips of washi!

Debby Hughes said...

so beautifully elegant :D

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.