Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas, Matisse Styleeee

Hey!

Happy Christmas Eve! Are you all ready for the big day? We're just about to load the car up and head off my guy's parents for the big dinner day and then we'll be heading to my folks for Boxing Day (which is also my mum's birthday!)

But before I dash I wanted to share just a couple more cards and wish you all a very merry Christmas! :)

These card designs use both the negative and positive of a die-cut snowflake and also fit the current Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

First up, the positive shape:

It's Christmas

Next, the use of the negative shape:

Christmas Greetings

This design was for cards to be hand-delivered. No way was I trusting Royal Mail with the amount of fragile dimension on this design!

Christmas greetings

Although Henri Matisse was famous for 'drawing with scissors' when implementing the idea of positive and negative space, I bet if he had a die cutting machine, he'd have used it! *wink*

Wishing you all a very happy holidays!

Catch ya later! (after the turkey - ha!)






Card Deets
{It's Christmas/Christmas Greetings}
Stamps: Teeny Trees, Frame-It (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: White, White Shimmer (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Snowflake Die (Provocraft)/Bling (Craft Stash!)

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Aimes, popping it to wish you and your guy a very Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time with your families.

As always, I ADORE your elegant cards!

Jess said...

Merry Christmas Aimes!

Your cards today are fantastic!! I love the white on white (shimmer). It is just so absolutely beautiful. I am in awe :)

~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous...both designs.

happy happy holidays girlie!

Karen B. said...

I bet his projects would only be half as amazing as yours are! Beautiful cards! Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family enjoy the holiday.

Kelly said...

Thanks for showing the positive/ negative. What a great way to get 2 cards from one design.

Merry Christmas and safe travel.

Susie said...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

Maureen said...

what a great design to get 2 fabulous cards, Duchess!! I had to laugh at the Matisse comment, I teach my kids about him and we start the unit in January...it's all ready to go in my class :) Safe travels and enjoy all that yummy food!! Christmas hugs and wishes to you and Chris :)

Love, Moe ox

Meredith MacRitchie said...

GORGEOUS. I *LOVE* snowflakes (I wish I could make that about 3 sizes bigger than the rest of my message), and the simplicity of your design just lets them shine. Beautiful!!!

Vanessa said...

My sweet Aimes, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! I have received your beautiful card and even my husband was impressed by it! Thank you so much! And these delicate cards are gorgeous, too! Enjoy the time with your loved ones! Hugs, Vanessa x

Lindsay said...

These are fabulous Aimes! LOVE both of them...the white on white is perfection! I hope you had a very merry Christmas my dear!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous my friend! I love this look! Amazing!!

Pauline said...

These are stunning in their simplicity! Simply beautiful!

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh CAS perfection, Amy! I just love how chilly these look, hee! Gorgeous creations, love how you used both snowflake pieces!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore these snowflakes, Amy! Great job using the positive and negative space! Hoping you had a lovely Christmas and new year!

Teresa Kline said...

stunning CAS card girl...Happy New Year!

enjoy *~*

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Absolutely gorgeous - so stylish and elegant! (so You!)
Wonderful take on the sketch too!
Hope your Christmas was wonderful - and that you still have a few days left of the break (-: Happy New Year too! /Karin

Renee said...

I'm so late...
had such a busy time lately...
but these are gorgeous!!
Love both...
and no wasted paper ;)...
and the white on white is spectacular!!
Hope you had wonderfully Merry and Happy Holidays!

Julia Aston said...

Love the positive and negative designs - so CAS and lovely!

Lenet said...

Gorgeous!! So simple and so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Kim Duran said...

Whoa! How did I miss this? These are absolutely stunning! Love the white on white with the soft pale grey. Wow! Thanks for playing along with us during the holidays at WMSC! Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Aimes, just stunning, thank you for playing along and a very Happy new year to you and yours!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts
you have put in penning this website. I'm hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as
well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website now ;)

my blog: Andrew Charlton

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.