Saturday 3 October 2015

Clearly Besotted sneak peek!

Just a note
Hey!

Happy weekend! Happy Saturday! Happy October (please tell me where the previous month have zoomed by to!) and happy teaser time of the new Clearly Besotted release!

Yup, it's time for some sneaky peeks of the truly amazing October release from Clearly Besotted containing no less than thirteen different stamps sets with eleven of them complemented by co-ordinating dies!


Although there's Christmas galore catered for with this month's release, there's also some gorgeous sets that you'll be itching to ink up all year round. It's been Christmas at work in the office since about May and now we're wrapping up the season I can't even think about making more Christmas cards (although I really need to as the season approaches for real!) so I immediately gravitated to the beautiful Heartfelt Thanks and Fancy Sayings stamp sets with a little help from the co-ordinating Heartfelt Thanks die set to create an easy peasy vase. :)

tips and tricks
  • I used Washi tape to mask off the stem and then the flower heads to stamp them in separate colours. The magic of clear stamps makes this very easy to do! 
  • I added a little more detail to the stamped images by going over them with Copic markers. It's amazing the difference it makes to the most simple of images. 
  • To add a little texture to the background I tapped the same inkpad I used for the flower heads (Simon Says Stamp's Wisteria) onto an acrylic block, added water and then flicked it over the panel with a paintbrush. So easy!  
  • Time to 'fess up! I covered my die-cut vase in Glossy Accents and then it dropped on my work surface, wet glossy-side down! Argh! It only caught the side of it, so once it dried I traced over the affected area with a white gel pen to create a highlight instead. No-one needs know about this apart from you and me, OK? ;) 
Well that's all from me today, but I"ll be back tomorrow with another sneaky peek! In the meantime, if you haven't already, then please do pop across for more sneaky peeks at CB HQ (aka Stephanie's) with links to amazing creations from the Design Team including our guestie, my talented friend, Keren Baker!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Signature2<.div>


8 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card, Aimes, love the colours! How funny about the Glossy Accents, that's amazing that you managed to save it! xx

Maureen said...

Love this, Duchess….and mum's the word on the glossy accents ;) ox

Keren Baker said...

Ha ha! Funny! Why have I never thought about using washi tape as a masking product?! Great to see you today! x

Keren Baker said...

Oops - love your card- meant to say that already!

Ruth said...

I won't tell anyone.... I love the colours and the font. Gorgeous. Xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Aimes, I have so many mishaps with Glossy Accents, what a great save!! x

Shari said...

Beautiful card, and nice cover up. I would have never known. I mean.. I have no idea what you're talking about.. I didn't see a thing. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

New Creations said...

Brilliant and pretty creation! Come up with a new idea of using washi tape for masking and great use of glossy accents, love it!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.