Monday 10 May 2010

Chair-ishing an Old Stamp Set...

Hey!

Happy Monday! Hope the week has started well for you all. It's all busy, busy here but just popping in with a a post here to show a card I made this weekend for a couple of challenges.

Be warned, it's again outta my comfort zone but I had fun playing anyways!

I wanted to create a noticeboard kind of effect, y'know the kind you can slide your pieces of stuff in...and this one is nearly the real deal because that tag is removable! Means the recipient of this card can use the tag for another friend (or yourself ;D)

So firstly this card is my attempt to play catch-up with the Papertrey Peeps Challenge #6 'Bling on the Old'. Although the On My Couch set is considered an old set of mine, I've tried to think outta the box and used the stem from my Remember set to create the pattern on the chair. Just stamped repeatedly in different coloured inks - I'm liking that effect!

Secondly, (and the main reason I'm posting this in a hurry today) this card is for the Moxie Fab World challenge, Three Cheers for Chairs which ends today! Nothing like hitting a deadline in the nick of time ;D

Ooh and thirdly this qualifies for Paige's current challenge on the CARDS Blog. I've been hoarding these brads for well over a year; used none and then nearly all of them on one card! Felt good to de-hoard, I recommend you give it a try too!

Card Recipe
(PTI Supplies)
Stamps: On My Couch/Remember
Ink: Lemon Tart/Hawaiian Shores/Raspberry Fizz/Fresh Snow
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores/Soft Stone/Lemon Tart/Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Ribbon/Brads (Tim Holtz)/Gems (Hero Arts)


Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek! Gotta dash off again but for a fun reason this time; we're off to see the band Scouting for Girls tonight here in Sheffield. Nothing like a bit of catchy piano pop to brighten my week :D

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

20 comments:

Andrea M said...

Dang girl - this is brilliant! What a nice touch to add the removable gift tag! Fabulous work Aimes!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Hope you have a fab eveniing Aimes!
Your card is lush, really funky idea :) I also spot some cool ribbon action going on there, I saw something similar on "Capture the Moment" blog, your version is beautiful.
Have a good week, Katie x

~amy~ said...

Oh girl, this is fabbie...love the ribbon treatment and check you out...dehoarding!

Alice said...

Wow, your cards are absolutely beautiful!

I'm visiting after you made a sweet comment on the bakerella site. UK equivalents of bakerella's cake pops are a bit hit and miss - it took me a couple of goes to work it out! The best seems to be a plain sponge recipe (good old delia works for me!) and then I tend to just buy betty crocker chocolate fudge icing from the supermarket and mix it in.

I'll do another batch soon and let you know the cake recipe I use and how much icing I use to get the right consistency! They're really fun to make - well worth the slightly fiddlyness. But looking at your cards you clearly have much more patience than I do!!!

Excuse the long comment and thanks again for being sweet about the cake pops!

Karin said...

Awesome job working all those challenges into one super cute card! Have a great rest of the day:)

Karen B. said...

What an absolutely clever idea! Wonderful bright colors as well.

Ann said...

Super fun, Aimes! I love that tag, and the ribbon treatment is FAB! Great colors, too!

Terri said...

Very cool. Love the noticeboard background and the pattern you created on the chair too!

Caryn said...

LOVE the stripey chair - wouldn't mind one just like that for my bedroom!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Maureen said...

great colours, Amy...and that ribbon!!! ACK!!!!! Totally fab!!! I haven't followed the CARDS blog...perhaps I should...I've been picking challenges here and there...I get overwhelmed by how many there are so I flit about...but always on the lookout for a new one :) Enjoy your evening and thanks for the email and political overview...it was in our Sat. paper again...yes, your government sort of sounds like the way ours is set up too...I'm sure we took your cue when they set it up a hundred years ago :)

Heather P. said...

This is SO COOL! Love the memo board idea! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card Aimes! Great idea to make it a notice board.

peggysue said...

I didn't even see until you pointed it out just how many brads you used, girl you seriously depleted your stash! And good luck on the chair contest, this is such a cute little card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amy! Thanks for entering the Three Cheers for Chairs Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Linda W said...

Great job Aimes! The pattern on the chair came out great! Wow, three challenges with one card. Way to go!!

Jennifer said...

Such a cute card! Love what you did with the ribbon!

Kate Lewis said...

Love it hun! What a fab idea - you're so good at thinking out of the box! Well done for getting so many challenges done in one go too! Glad you had a blast at SFG - speak soon! K xxxx

Rhonda said...

Fun card Aimes!

Vicki said...

Hey loving the stripes and the ribbon, I keep seeing all this
ruffled ribbon and I'm dying to give it a try (I will). I'm having a good weekend just done a PTI order with Dawn (Aurora) and now I can't wait for it to arrive :) although the Holiday Button Bits was out of stock and I really really wanted that one :( but that only means I will have to order again (drat! ;)...lol

Enjoy your weekend Aimes

Hugs
Vicki x

Christine Blain said...

Loving the noticeboard effect - how clever are you??!! My stand-out favourite part of the card (aside from that to-die-for ribbon) is the pattern you've stamped for the chair 'upholstery'. Adorable!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.