Saturday 15 May 2010

one-of-a-kind...

Hey!

Happy Saturday, Peeps! We're into the full swing of the weekend, it's my fave night of the week and I'm about to pop some popcorn, crack open some dandelion and burdock (yummy!) and cosy up in front of the TV with my guy. It's the simple things in life I treasure the most y'know!

But just before I go to do that, thought I'd firstly apologise for my lack of posting on the blog before quickly sharing a card with you. It's been beyond chaos at work! We've only got two weeks left to go before we get a week off so I hope I'll be a little less stressed and MIA for ya then!

As for the card, I was actually commissioned to make a few cards for a colleague this past week! This is a rarity for me y'know, a one-of-a-kind request at work! It was a last minute ask; I had to get inky that very night but anything to help fund this habit, obsession, hobby of mine! I was asked to make a few birthday cards that had to go through the post so no fancy bows or bulky ribbons...


...but that doesn't stop me from playing with my Glossy Accents *grin*

Sorry 'bout the poor lighting; I had to get a pic of this the night I made it! But I hope you can see the shine of the Glossy Accents. The best thing is, that most of this card was made from scraps! I created the cloud background using a scalloped oval nestie and sponging PTI Spring Rain ink around it a number of times. Hope you like it! I think my colleague did!


Card Recipe
Stamps: Practicing Creativity - Look Up!/Hero Arts - Sentiment
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Spring Moss
Paper: PTI Bitty Dot Basis Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Glossy Accents


I'll share the other two cards I made later but I'm off now because I can smell the popcorn cookin' LOL!

Take care and have a fabby weekend y'all!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

P.S Double good news this weekend! Not only have I won some PTI Gift Certificaties from my bloggin' buddy, Ann's Blog Candy, but my Friendship Card was featured on the CARDS blog right here! So happy that I'm doing the happy dance!

23 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, I love the glossy look, and the colors are fab! Hope your weekend's going well...off to the theater tonight to see one of my former students perform! :D

Taheerah said...

Such a fun card Aimes, love that sky!! Great to see you posting again, hope things are less chaotic for you soon!

Karen B. said...

Love glossy accents on these pennants! It's so much fun, love the pink blue and yellow.

Carly said...

Simply fabulous! Love those glossy accents, it's just the perfect touch!

Susan Raihala said...

Such fun pennants! And your cloud background is perfect!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Bravo, ta carte est sublime, des couleurs magnifiques et félicitations pour ta publication sur ce blog c'est amplement mérité, tu es très talentueuse

Kate Lewis said...

Congrats on being featured on the CARDS blog hun, and those Gift Vouchers...oooh, lucky you! What will you choose!!! Loving this card - great design and just love those clouds! Speak soon!! K xx

Stephanie said...

My oh my Aimes, looks like your 15 mins of fame just keeps running & running you little superstar ;) xxx

Ann said...

What a great card! Love this design and might just have to try it myself. And congrats on all your fab news - good things come to those that deserve it :o)

Alex said...

Congrats on winning some PTI gift certificates and your featured card.

Love the birthday card and your clever clouds with the nesties. Just spotted the new cloud dies that have just been released :)

Have a good Sunday,

Bye for now,

Alex x

Vicki said...

I just love the bunting, it never fails - looks fab and doesn't really need anything else.

Hugs
Vicki x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh that is fantastic news, well done you! I love how you created the clouds, great use of your nesties!
Hope you had a yummy, cosy popcorn evening last night and well done for getting comissioned :) Now you're well on your way to another stamp set ;)
Hugs Katie xx

~amy~ said...

excellent glossified card!!! woot woot on your win over on Ann's blog!! another woot woot for the cards blog:)

Angy said...

Cute! Way to get some bling in there! Look forward to seeing more from you when you have time! Love your chairished card for the CARDS blog challenge...

Caryn said...

Woo hoo for your CARDS spotlight - fab card that was.
This is another stunna, love the cloud effect - what do you use to "sponge" never had much success with it myself!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

peggysue said...

Congrats on the win! And what is a dandelion and burdick? :) Cute card and great job on getting a card commission.

Jenny said...

Very cute love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Shauna said...

I like how you glossed it up. That definitely makes it pop. I haven't used mine in a while (Diamond glaze here, though), but I think you've just convinced me to bring out the bottle!

Dana said...

I hope things get less chaotic soon Aimes! Your card is great...simple and perfect...especially with the glossy accents.

Christine Blain said...

Great card, Aimes - love it! Hey, what is dandelion and burdock??

Terri said...

Great card. I especially like the cloud background! The glossy accents looks great on the banner too! I hope things get less stressful for you soon!

Kimberly said...

What a fun card...so happy!

Maureen said...

the week is half over and i'm finally getting to this lovely card!!! I LOVE the way you make clouds...i really thought it was patterned paper! LOL I know you've done this before, but it is really perfect!! Yay for Fridays!!! The last one and this one :) hmmmmmm, tempting to have your yearly schedule....a little less in the summer for weeks off here and there...don't know which way I would like it more....do you like it that way or would you want 2 full months in the summer? The only down side, is that I want to go somewhere HOT in February and we have no holidays then....a week off then would be great :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.