Sunday 9 May 2010

Certain Uncertainty

Hey!

Hope your weekend has been a fab one! I'm just finding a spot of time to share a card with you today that certainly reflects my post title....

This past week not only was I immersed in work, but I was also completely immersed with politics and the election. Y'see I'm a bit of a political geek; I love the build up of the election, the different views each party represents and the people who really want to stand for change..and most importantly, I love the voting part :D

Anyways I'm not gonna babble about politics too much but lets just say that we've been left with a lot of uncertainty about our future government. I wait with bated breath to see what will be...

So, how does this relate to crafting you ask? Well I'm sharing a card that I'm uncertain about myself. I'm still not sure what my 'crafting style' is but I know when I like something, I know when I hate something and I know when I'm uncertain about something like this:

D'ya notice the colours used? I think I've represented the major political parties with this number (FYI: The amount of each colour used does not reflect my personal political alliance!)

I've even included a strip of green for the Green Party!

This cluster of buttons was a last minute addition, I'm not sure if they're a little too bold but they're fun to look at!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Practicing Creativity - Look Up!/Papertrey Ink - Polka Dot Basics II, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Memento Black/Versamark/Papertrey Fresh Snow, Spring Moss
Card: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise/Kraft (from stash!)
Paper: Papertrey Ink Bitty Box Basics Summer Sunrise, Ocean Tides
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Papertrey Ink - Vintage Buttons,Ribbon,Ribbon Twine/EK Success Border Punch


OK that's all from me today - I hope to catch up with y'all real soon! I've been admiring all your creations via Google Reader and I really appreciate that you still leave me some love here even though I can't get to y'all right now. You're all so lovely! Work is crazy here, I've got under 3 weeks get students ready and revised for their exams; I'm feeling the pressure but by no means complaining - this is the part of my job that reaps the rewards (I hope!)

Anyways, I promise I'll make it up to y'all with the sweetest comments as soon as I can!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

P.S Edited to add - happy Mother's Day to all you Moms celebrating it across the pond this weekend! Our own Mother's Day was a few months ago so don't think I'd forgotten it ;D!

14 comments:

Maureen said...

Ok, I know what you mean with trying something new to you...I'm not sure what "style" I am either...I just go with the paper or sketch or sentiment...LOVE the colours here and all the embellishments :) LOL with the Green Ribbon (Party)...I heard that there was no distinct winner in the election? Did I get that right? Does that mean the party with most votes does not have full control of the house now? That's sort of what it's like here right now. Our PM's party does not have the majority of votes so sometimes the other 2 parties get together. Today is our Mother's Day :) I'll probably get a call from my son at some point :) Glad you were able to get away from the grind to stamp a bit...hang in!!! The summer is coming!!!

Vicki said...

Aimes, do you think any of us really have a style? I like so many different styles and no two cards seem to be the same (unless I've CAS'd them.....lol) I think all of your cards looks fab and so well finished and as for the government, do you think the loose women could do a better job!....lol

Good luck with all the revision (there is so much pressure on them)

Hugs
Vicki x

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh we're a nation in limbo Aimes....I can't stand it!! My feelings about your card however is quite the opposite, not only can I stand it but I love it lol Hope you're well & keep up the good work - I worship teachers! Speak soon honey xxx

Emma said...

Hiya Aimes,

Hee hee what are you like - TRUST your craft - this is such a fab fun card. I love the bright splashes of colour, especially the vertical bow - very groovy.

You are not the only political geek who loves the voting and the swingometer. We were in Butlins but stayed up as late as we could to watch all the excitement. :D

Hope you can take a little time for yourself though :D

Emma x

peggysue said...

Well I like the buttons because they remind me of a celebration at a balloon liftoff, like its one big party. And I'm glad you said something about the colors in your card relating to the political parties, I never would have known otherwise, cute idea. I still don't remember ever if I live in a red or blue state. :) Good luck getting everything sorted out with the government . . . sometimes you wonder if it really matters who is in office, do the problems really get solved?

Shauna said...

When I first saw this card, my reaction went something along the lines of "wow! This is so bright and cheerful! So not your normal style! (Which I also love, by the way).. So basically, I think you have nothing to be worried about. It's very different for you, but works so well!

Taheerah said...

I'm loving the bright and cheery nature of this card Aimes, so fun how you've incorporated all those colours! It's good to do something out of our comfort zone every now and then even if it feels unnerving at the time lol!

I know what you mean about the politics - really hoping our hung parliament won't mean that it'll be *even* harder for any of them to agree with each other, lol! I'm kinda worried about it but hopefully when it all comes out in the wash it won't affect any of us in a negative way. Here's hoping!

Sharron said...

Hi Aimes, love your card! I am always fascinated by hot air balloons--something magical & fun about seeing them floating by! Love how this one is a nice large image. Great colors too although I never would have known their connection to the political parties. Politics is fascinating even if more than a tad frustrating. Good luck with your students--it will all be worth the work in the end!

Amy Kolling said...

Aimes....I absolutely LOVE this card and that the balloon is like it's flying up and away!! Great colors too!

Heather P. said...

I think this card is totally FUN! Love all the different colors you've combined, it makes for such a happy card! :)

Terri said...

I like it! It is good to try something different sometimes. Hope everything works out with your government. I don't really get into politics here because it doesn't really do any good to be a part of it.

AuroraDawn said...

FABULOUS card Aimes, I love it!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card! The buttons are just perfect on it. Excellent job!

Christine Blain said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! The red buttons are a fantastic touch, against the yellow, and I adore the giant polka dots in the background. Your paper-piecing is gorgeous, the sentiment is so bold and eye-catching; love it all!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.