Monday 17 May 2010

No Surprises...

Hey!

Happy Monday! Let's start the countdown for the weekend - whoop!

We've got a new challenge over on our Papertrey Blog today so I'm sharing my example here with you (though go check it out here if you wanna ;D)

The challenge for this fortnight is an easy peasy one to play along with - I hope you can join in! We want you to show us what your favourite colour is by creating a project that mainly features that colour. Don't worry, you don't have to use PTI colours but all projects must have at least one PTI product on 'em to be eligible to enter. Get me? Great!

Here's my example and featuring my favourite colour of all time:


GREEN

Card Recipe
PTI Supplies
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style/Turning a New Leaf/Friends 'til the End
Ink: Distress Ink Antique Linen/PTI Spring Moss
Card: Kraft/Vintage Cream
Papers: Bitty Box Basics/Turning a New Leaf
Accesories: EK Success Border Punch/Dark Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon/Sewing Machine/3D Foam Pads

No surprises for anyone who knows me! I couldn't possibly restrict myself to one shade of green, that'd be nearly impossible so I used a few shades as well as some DP I've been hoarding yet again! Felt good to actually use it even if kinda scary to administer the scissors to it!

Even combined three different stamp sets on this baby! Love how they coordinate so well together that you don't' kinda notice!

The layout for this card came from the current challenge on the EBTKS blog. I love how Courtney's cool improvised night stand can be inspiring for a card sketch!

Obviously I'd love it if you could play along too with our challenge! I'd love to see just how many other greenies are out there?! Greenies meaning lovers of green of course and nothing else LOL!

Have a good week, Peeps!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

21 comments:

Taheerah said...

Love this card Aimes! So fun to see all those different shades of green, and I see you're still making good use of Friends 'Til The End, lol!

I don't think I can pick a favourite colour, though I might force myself just so I can participate in this challenge, lol!

Julie said...

Great Card Aimes, I have 3 fav colours [does that count] - if i'm still around [and not in labour] in the next couple of days I'll be having a go at this challange.
Take Care Hun - ju xxx

Emma said...

Hee hee no surprise at all - this is sooooo dreamy. I am absolutely in love with the ensemble of stamps on the sentiment - what beautiful layering of stamps.

Hope you are well my sweet :D

Emma x

Kathy Martin said...

Simply elegant! Love your bow! :)

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning Amy, I am being drawn in very rapidly to PTI, just love the style, 3rd order here we come....LOL.

Lori said...

Beautiful Aimes!!!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! Love your take on the EBTKS challenge sketch, and the mix of all the greens is super FAB!

Sharron said...

LOVE your beautiful array of patterns--and all green---my favorite color too! SO PRETTY! Have a great week......

Karin said...

Awesome card! That is a great sketch challenge EBTKS and your green is nothing short of fabulous!

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful ... just perfect with kraft, too. YUMMY card!

Jo said...

Beautiful card

Maureen said...

I spy Turning a New Leaf!!! LOVE the mix of greens and ribbon and stamps...a feast for the eyes!! Hey, was that you that won Ann's blog candy? The PTI gc? Are you a lucky girl or what? Go buy a lottery ticket now!! LOL

Kimberly said...

This is wonderful. Green is my favorite color as well! I will be so happy to get the Chartreuse paper in my hands! PTI makes all of my favorite greens!

Vicki said...

Oh I just love the layout you have used, I used to have a thing about green and every room in the house became green....lol but now it's pink only with a house full of male's it's restricted to the bedroom (poor hubby! :)

Shall definitely be having ago at this one;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your many shades of green but especially LOVE your FAB bow! Just perfect!

Terri said...

Nice job! Love all the green and the brown looks great with it too!

Cammie said...

Hey, Aimes, I took a little break from blogland, during which you've posted some fabulous cards! My faves are the friends card on May 6--love the use of those sentiments, the birthday card with those glossy pennants, and todays card with the shades of the green and all those layers! Peeps, you're just oozing creativity! Wishing you a great weekend!

Daniela F. said...

Another perfectly tied bow, hehe ;-) I don't know how you do that, using distressing and designated male colours, yet achieve such an elegant, feminine look on your cards. Very pretty!!
I bet you knew that already but when it comes to favourite colours, I'm afraid, I'm totally with Kate ;-) Anyhow, have a fabulous weekend, Aimes!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love it! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challange! :)

Now I need to try the PTI challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Fav colors that's a good one. I just know I love neutrals! ;) Thanks for playing!

Paulina said...

I love this card! You did a great job using all different shades of green- it looks gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.