Saturday 29 May 2010

Catching Up and Exciting News!

*WARNING: Long post with lots of babbling ahead - just scroll to the pic to check out my card! :D*

Hey!

And a happy Bank Holiday weekend to those of you who've got one, and a happy Memorial Day Weekend to any American peeps reading! It may be soggy here today, but I won't let that dampen my spirits!

Thank you so much for the get well wishes; I think they're working! I had two really rough days but now feel much better! Let's hope I'm back to normal soon and can spend some quality time over half term catching up with everyone and everything!

I've not been well enough to tackle my crafty corner yet (it requires some tidying before I can even start to get inky!) but I hope to very soon! I do however have some news that has made me a very happy gal this week even though I've been ill....I'm going to be published! I've had an email from Embellish Magazine asking me to post them a card I made for their buttons challenge. I didn't share the card anywhere on the net, so you'll have to wait for the issue later on in the year to see my card (and inteview!) if it makes it across the Atlantic Ocean safely! Don't worry, I'll remind you when it's out LOL!

So what can I share with you today, apart from my new profile pic, you ask? I'm still playing catch up with some cards I've already made and y'know I was saying how it was one of my bestest bloggin' buddy Emma's birthday last Thursday? Seeing as I now know the card I made for her has reached her, I can share it with on here now!

Do you know how long I've been waiting for a crafty peep's birthday to arrive just so I could use that sentiment from PTI's Studio Style?! LOL!

You can't see on the pic, but the button jar is covered in Glossy Accents too for extra shine and my main panel is raised on 3D foam pads for extra dimension. That jar shines sooooooo much IRL - I'm still so hopelessly hooked on glossy accents *grin*

Card Recipe
PTI Supplies
Stamps: Studio Style
Ink: Enchanted Evening/Spring Rain/Hawaiian Shores
Card: Enchanted Evening/Stamper's Select White/Spring Rain
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Glossy Accents/Enchanted Evening Satin Ribbon/Martha Stewart Border Punch/Corner Rounder/Promarkers


As a sweet addition to the lil' gifts I gave Emma, I did also fill a glass spice jar with some yummy banana sweets (I think they're a favourite of Emma's - correct me if I'm wrong, hun!) and decorated it with some ribbon and a sweet label on the top but in typical style, I was so focused on getting this packaged for posting at a ridiculous hour of the night I forgot to take a picture of it!

Right then, I'm off to spend the weekend doing something other than sniffling and sneezing but before I leave ya, some of you have been asking me what Dandelion and Burdock is after mentioning it here. I guess it's a drink that's not common in all four corners of the world! If you wanna know, it's a traditional British, scrummy, fizzy, pop kinda drink made with...dandelion and burdock! My guy and I are D&B snobs; we only like the real deal and not the cheap imitation D&Bs full of sweeteners - check out Fentimans for a real taste of the good stuff; and that's exactly what we'll be indulging in this weekend. It's the simple things in life that keep me happy ;D!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Congrats on getting published...so exciting!

Unknown said...

Brilliant news that you are feeling better and huge congratulations on being published.

But

You have made me want Dandilion & Burdock now :-/

Have a great weekend

Bx

Vicki said...

Hey love the new pic, very classy. So glad you're up and about again and just love this card I adore this set and would sooo love to have it but shall have to wait a bit as I've decided to go to SU convention, so must save a bit for that:)

Have a good weekend amidst the rain :(

Hugs
Vicki x

Taheerah said...

Glad you're on the mend Aimes - we need you back to your normal self for Sex and The City on Wednesday!!

Fantastic news on being published - congrats!!! So proud of you, and a touch jealous, lol!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous creation, I know it'll be fab, just like your card here!

~amy~ said...

woot wootie woot woot on being pub'd my bloggie friend with the new magnificent pic!!!!!!!!

Lovin' your blue button card..gotta love glossy accents and PTI:)

Emma said...

Hiya Aimes,

Yay for lucky old me who got to sniff and stroke this card in real life. You really know how to spoil a girl - you made the day so extra special with your thoughtful gifts :D

I am trying to show some restraint before I burst with pride and excitement that YOU ARE GETTING PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!!! - whoooooooooooo hooooooooooooo. What a feeling and so well deserved - you are so talented :D

I'm off to check out the D&B scene - I am intrigued ;D

Emma x

Stephanie said...

You've crossed over to the professionals honey!! I will get a copy of said magazine even if I have to fly to the US to pick one up ;) xxx

Maureen said...

yay!!!!! congrats, Aimes!!! Wonderful news!!! I can't wait to see you luscious creation and interview :) It's so exciting, isn't it? Glad you are feeling better :) Love the blues of this card :) Wishing you some more inking time soon :)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Congratulations on your publication Aimes, Way to go! Brill, crafty gal card there and loving your new profile pic. Enjoy your weekend of D & B hun xxx

Melissa said...

Congrats Aimes! Hope you continue to feel better! Your card is lovely--that set is so fun!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sorry you have been so miserable lately. The news of being published sure helped to perk you up a bit I bet! Congratulations! Lovely B-day card. Feel better soon!

Heather P. said...

This card is so totally adorable!! Love the new pic and CONGRATS on being published!! Soooo excited for you!! :)

peggysue said...

Congrats on getting published! You go girl! And that drink sounds interesting although I don't know if Ill ever be able to find a bottle! Very sweet card too

Terri said...

Glad you are feeling better! Congratulations on being published! Cute card you made for your friend too.

Cammie said...

First, I noticed your new photo--cute! Second sorry to hear a student decided to share a bug with you. Hope you are 100% better now. Third, your friend is lucky to receive such a wonderful card. Last, CONGRATULATIONS!!! (shouting ever so loudly) on your publication news. I'm sure this is just the beginning of your professional crafting career.

Nerina said...

Firstly Aimes a HYOOOOOOGE congratulations is in order on being pubb'd!! It isn't a surprise AT ALL - because you so deserve it! Wooohoooooo!! Your card is utterly gorgeous - lovin' the sentiment, the pic, the colouring the stamped background ... well, everything actually ;0)!!

Paulina said...

Woohoo! Congrats on being published, girlie! I am so surprised this is your first time....you create amazing things- I know it won't be the last time!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.