Friday 21 May 2010

Hello, Dearie!

Hey!

Phew! TGI Friday!!! It's been another crazy week with a heatwave to add to it! I'm hoping the weather forecasts are right and it'll be a sunny weekend; could it actually be time to ditch the winter coat now?!

Well enough of weather predictions, how about a card?! I'm a little behind on the PTI Peeps challenges *blush* life just gets in the way sometimes. However I have had this lil' card on my desk since I made it earlier this week but hadn't found time to take a pic of it and it's just been sat there making me smile :D

This card qualifies for Challenge #7 in which we were challenged to browse through the many inspiring pictures on A Creative Mint and pick one to inspire a creation. If you haven't already checked out A Creative Mint, you've probably already seen many pics from it already featured in blogland - seriously fabby pictures to get the mojo into gear!

I'll admit it took me a loooooooong time to finally decide on a picture but this one just captured my heart :)As you can tell from my card, it's a pretty literal interpretation! I'm lucky enough to see deer often on my scenic route to work through the Chatsworth Estate as well as very playful lambs at the moment too so that's probably another reason this pic really jumped out at me!

Now I don't own a deer stamp so I sketched the one on the pic onto some PTI White Card and outlined and coloured with my Promarkers. For a hand-drawn image I'm kinda liking it! I printed the word "Dearie!" onto Sweet Blush Card from my PC - I don't own a dearie sentiment stamp either LOL!

Ooh and I couldn't' resist a dollop of Glossy Accents on this cutie's eye and nose for that extra shine ;D

Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI Friends til the End (Sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream/Sweet Blush/Stamper's Select White/Kraft
Accessories: Promarkers/PTI Sweet Blush Button/Martha Stewart Border Punch/Glossy Accents


Well I hope you like it and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

21 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

You clever thing you, sketching animals! Your card is lovely Aimes, your colouring is fab and I love the cute button. Good luck with the challenges xx

Lindsay said...

Adorabe Amy! I just love that little dear.

Emma said...

Oh "I just sketched this". YOU JUST SKETCHED THIS!!!! - oh my goodness why do you bother buying any stamps when your drawings are so AMAZING. I love everything about this, it such a sweet image but not too cutesy (IFYKWIM)just perfect.

Enjoy the sunny weekend you clever thing :D

Emma x

Karen B. said...

Oh my goodness, you should start your own company, that little deer melts my heart! Ever think about that at all? Very nice card.

Kathy Martin said...

This card is ADORABLE! And your deer sketch is AWESOME! Love them! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a sweet card! I love your little deer. Excellent drawing and coloring.

Maureen said...

LOL As I was looking at your card and the inspiration picture, I was thinking, WOW! She has a stamp that looks so much like that little dear figurine...LOL then I read that you DREW it!!! Add another amazing talent to your resume and who needs stamps anymore? LOL So adorable :) Glad your weather is warming up, although I guess that means the red mittens will be stowed away with the winter woolies :( LOL Our weather doesn't know what to do ....hot, cold, warm, stormy, sunny...hopefully warm and sunny for the weekend :) Enjoy!!

Terri said...

I love your interpretation! You did a great job drawing and coloring that little deer too. Hope you have a great weekend. It is suppose to finally be warm here too!

Kate Lewis said...

You clever gal! What a cute deer, I couldn't draw that to save my life lol! Super cute card too, love the hearts!

Have a great weekend hun and enjoy the sun! BIG HUGS! xxx

Vicki said...

Hey get you, is this an artist in the making or just a very good teacher at work.....lol Loving your card it's fab! and sooooo cute ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Alex said...

Great card and wow: sweet little deer drawing Aimes :)

Hope you're having a good weekend and enjoying the lovely weather.

Bye for now,

Alex x

~amy~ said...

♥♥shut up♥♥ You sketched that a-dorable deer???!!!!! I LOVE it...you my dear {sorry, couldn't resist} are chock full of surprises...you're quite the artist!

Kimberly said...

Wow! Just, wow! You completely captured the sweetness of the original pic in your card, and you DREW the deer! Wow! :)

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Wow! c'est mimi comme tout, l'image sur la carte est trop cute, j'adooore

Nerina said...

Go-Go-Go Aimes!!!!! This is so totally fabby you knocked the ball right out of the park!!! Just picking myself up off the floor again here :-0 !! It's drop dead GORGEOUS and **soooooo** perfect for the inspiration pic - hand drawn too. Oh My Goodness!!! I need a tranquiliser now to help me calm down....

Sharron said...

Oh my, this is SO ADORABLE! And your sketch is perfect--you are just so talented--very impressive! Love the pink and hearts--just SO SWEET!

Courtney Baker said...

That is such a sweet card girl!

Heather P. said...

You drew that deer? It is totally AMAZING!! Love, love, love this to bits!

Cammie said...

What fabulous fawn! She (must be a she--that sweet face and those tiny pink hearts) reminds of a favorite Christmas ornament from my childhood. I LOVE your card!

Ann said...

I know you posted this one awhile ago (I'm trying to catch up, lol)...LOVE it! SO sweet!

Paulina said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe you drew that deer- I really thought it was a stamp! I love how real it looks, and you did a fab job with the shading!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.