Friday 18 December 2009

Christmas Cats!

Hey!

Well we've officially broken up for the Christmas Holidays! WOO HOO!!! I'm totally pooped after a crazy last day of term, lots of excited students (and adults) eating lots of yummy food and jumping around to some classic Christmas tunes. No wonder I'm feeling a little nauseous still LOL!!

So today I'm going to share with you the cards I made for some special students of mine who challenged me to make them a card with a cat on!Not really too much of a challenge when you're a secret fan of Fluffles the Cat! ;D

It's a pretty simple layout, but as you probably know, time is of the essence during the festive season!
I couldn't decide whether I wanted Fluffles to be grey...
...or brown...
...or maybe just both! LOL!When I proudly handed them over the students they had the nerve to accuse me of buying them! Ha! I took it as a compliment and explained exactly how I'd made 'em; whether they believe me or not is a different matter!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampendous Fluffles Tree/PTI Signature Christmas
Card: PTI Rustic Snowflake DP/Bazzill Dotted Swiss
Ink: Memento Black/PTI Fresh Snow
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Promarkers/PTI Pure Poppy Polka Dot Ribbon/White Gel Pen


So I'm off now to carry on getting sorted for Christmas, just picked up some bargain Christmas crackers which are rather fancy and some yummy brandy. After all, what's Christmas without a little tipple to warm your tummy, eh?! ;D

I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend, I have more creations to upload soon - I just gotta make 'em first!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

7 comments:

Maureen said...

these are adorable!! They should've known they were handmade as store bought ones are not even half this beautiful!! Really!! I always check out the card section in stores and can't believe what they charge!! Ours are so much more wonderful :) Enjoy your time off...we are off in 3 hours!! Do you get 2 weeks off?

Alex said...

Love the cards Aimes, I was wondering if you were going to use Fluffles or a Penny Black cat stamp. Great choice of colour combo and I think I prefer the grey cats the best :)

Glad you've had a good last day of term.

Have a good weekend.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Melissa said...

These cards are so cute Aimes! How sweet of you to make them for your students! Hope you have a very Happy Christmas and enjoy your time at home!

Caryn said...

Yay, off for the holidays. The kids broke up yesterday and today we've had our first little flurry of snow!! I know it's not going to stick but it was exciting anyway!!
We've just been making Christmas cookies so there all the festivities of the season going on here right now - I love it!!

Gorgeous cards Aimes - I wish I could do "batches" - it would make my life so much easier!!

Big Christmas hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ann said...

Super cute, Aimes! I love the polka dots! Yay for Christmas break!!! :D

Milnie said...

Wow, these cards are really adorable and elegant! Love the design and colors! Your coloring skills are impressive!

Hugs,

Mélanie

Alison said...

Hee, love that image! Fab colouring, and I like him grey - no, brown- no, grey! LOL
Those little highlights you've added are really great, bring loads of dimension to the baubles and the pot.

Fab - what else can I say! And I love that greeting.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.