Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter!

Hey!

Happy Easter! Hope you're all having a wonderufl Easter Sunday! For me I confess that I have acquired a nice pile of scrummy chocolate eggs and I'm yet even nibble on one (I'm so impressed at my willpower! LOL) I know that I'll find it nearly impossible to put half an eaten chocolate egg down so best to wait until I can share with someone ;D

No Easter card from me today though, in fact something entirely different!


This card was for the fourth challenge issued by the Papertrey Peeps group. We had to pick one of Nichole Heady's creations from the previous two releases and CASE it with the added catch of NOT using a stamp set released from that month! Why oh why did they have to release my two fave sets of the moment (Butterfly Dreams and Studio Style) in the same month?! I found it so difficult to tear myself away from them but I was really drawn to the simplicity of this card and desperately wanted to CASE it!


Hmm...now I look at Nichole's card I really do need to add some ink around the edges of my Kraft panel! It's the little touches that your eye takes in but hardly notices that totally make her cards work. I'm off to take my little card for some more inking this afternoon LOL!


(OK, so after adding a touch of ink to the edges here's the final card!)

Card Recipe
All PTI Supplies Unless Stated
Stamps: Friends 'til the End
Ink: Versamark (Antique Linen Distress Ink after re-touch!)
Cardstock: White Blank from stash/Kraft
Accessories: Detail White Embossing Powder/Promarkers/White Gel Pen


Friends 'til the End is just one of those sets that I love to play with *sigh*. I love the sentiments, the font and the endless opportunities for a good colouring session or paper piecing session with those flowers and leaves!

Now I'm starting to learn a little more about photography. I'm completely inspired by the way I see creations photographed. Seeing as my Mini Eggs props keep disappearing, I'm pretty sure that I'll always have a stash of buttons on hand ;D

Becky Oehlers has posted some fab tips about photography, I recommend you take a peek here! I know my photography has a long way to go but nevertheless I'm enjoying the learning curve!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really fabulous! I love that big flower and the sentiment... well I love everything about it. Awesome!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love this card Aimes, it's so simple, yet beautiful and precise at the same time. The recipient will be a very lucky one. I really love how you made it your own and also love your new ways in photography. Thanks for the link too, will have to check it out.
Enjoy your Easter.
Hugs, Katie xx

mary ann said...

I love your card - that goes without saying. But what I am really inspired by is your photography. I am just getting started in the photography and blog departments - so it is great to see how someone else does things.
Mary Ann

AuroraDawn said...

Simply GORGEOUS card Aimes, I've CASed your CASed card already LOL, I need some tips on colouring with copics though, how'd you stay in the lines ....

I shall definately check out the link for the photography tips, I suck, big time LOL

Jackie Pedro said...

I loved Nicholes's versions during the release and I think your card is absolutely beautiful!!

Maureen said...

What a gorgeous CAS!! Are you using copics now? love the new staging, and yes, there will always be buttons!! I give the little chocolate filled bunnies until noon in our house...then they'll be gone!! LOL I wish you and Chris a wonderful and blessed Easter :) Can't wait to see more of your newest creations :)

Alex said...

Beautiful cards Aimes, they're fab and I love the kraft cardstock and Friends Till The End card especially :)

Enjoy all the choccies.

Have a good week.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Terri said...

Love it! Great CASE! Happy Easter!

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love the dramatic look of white on kraft, and colored in with blue--it is gorgeous!!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card! Great CASE using the Friends set. My favorite photo of this card is the one just above the Card Recipe. The blue really is vibrant. Have a goody!

Shauna said...

That's simple and pretty. You're right, that inking made a subtle but important difference in making it more of a "finished" card.

Sue Ann said...

Can I CASE your CASE......... AMAZING!!

~amy~ said...

good grief, soooooo pretty!

Sharron said...

STUNNING card--love the blue with the kraft & white! And using the embossing makes the color really pop. I've started using buttons for staging too. Don't they work great--love them!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow....what a FAB card, Aimes. I just love everything about. The color combo is beautiful.

IamDerby said...

Simple yet so much impact!!! Nice job Aimes! I liked it before the inked edges but I liked it even more after.

Jennifer K said...

Aimes, this is just gorgeous. I'm totally going to CASE it - I love it that much. TFS!!

Pat said...

Looks like we'll all be casing your gorgeous card!

Dana said...

AK! When this came through my google reader I just knew it was you Amy! Such a lovely card. You have such a good eye for making things have that little something extra. The inking made it pop!

Caryn said...

This is stunning Aimes and has made me REALLLY need that set now!! I should not go round looking for ideas - it always ends up costing me money!! And I agree, that bit of extra ink round the edges is the perfect touch.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.