Tuesday 8 January 2013

Ahoy!

Ahoy, Birthday Boy

Hey!

Or should that be, Ahoy!? Belated New Year wishes, peeps! 2013 is bringing a blog-makeover here & a new format when it comes to my posts. I figure that you're here to see the pics of my projects, check out what I've used, & maybe grab a few tips & tricks along the way. We'll get used to it, I hope....!

So let's cue some fun stamping to whip up a card to celebrate my sweet nephew, Tom's, 8th birthday. New stamps (well, not super new as there's been another release since this set!) from Clearly Besotted Stamps to the rescue. The ship & sentiment are from the recently released mini-set, Ahoy Matey. Love this set - so fun to ink up! :)

tips and tricks 
  • Consider using primary colours when it comes to cards for children for the fun factor
  • Embellish stamped images: I added eyelets to the stamped pirate ship (3 down, a million to use still!)
  • Create a custom sentiment by partially inking stamps and pairing them with other sentiment stamps
Be sure to check out Clearly Besotted Stamps because there's oodles of new goodies to feast your eyes on, including dies! I'm very lucky to have a set that I've designed with a coordinating die available too - more on that later this week! I feel the need to celebrate so watch this space...

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Signature2
Card Deets
{Ahoy, Birthday Boy}
Stamps: Ahoy Matey (Clearly Besotted Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Blue Stripes from Margarita Collection (American Crafts)
Accessories: Eyelets (We R Memory Keepers)/ Promarkers

22 comments:

Wida said...

I love the new look and format. Those tips were great and helpful!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Happy New Year Aimes!

I have to start by congratulating you on yet another awesome stamp set -way to go! You are deffinitely rocking the stamp design world. Watch out CHA!

Your new blog look is really cute and love this card!

Best wishes for 2013!

Katie x

P.S Did you make any reindeer cakes?

Caryn said...

Oooh, one of my favourite sets - love it! Love the stripy water too! Eyelets? I remember them!!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

maria f. said...

Happy, happy to you too Aimes. Here's wishing you a fun 2013. One note - I like your color combo but the yellow/font combo is kinda hard to read...

Lynn said...

The new blog header is absolutely fabulous! And...the card is oh so adorable...love the tips and tricks Aimes.

Stephanie said...

Blog looking fabulous Aimes! Super fun card, gorgeous design - I expect no less from you lol Very happy to see your new tips & tricks feature, I will be taking notes Miss ;) xxx

~amy~ said...

happy new year!
love your new bloggie look!
What an adorable card!

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous card!! clever use of eyelets - thanks for the tips :) and congrats on the beautiful stamps you designed for Clearly besotted, they are gorgeous :) x

Ginny said...

What a perfect card for a young boy. The way you did those blue stripes in the lower half of the card has me oooohing and aaaahing. And those eyelets in the boat is such a great detail. Congrats on the set you designed for Clearly Besotted! Can't wait to get it. Also thanks for the tips and tricks - so helpful for ones like me!! Happy New Year!

Debby said...

Fabulous new look and love the format too! Cute card oh and by the way eyelets breed in the dark corners of your craft space!

Maureen said...

oh, wow Duchess! LOVE the new look! Sounds like you've been busy bringing in the New Year with a new place and blog! What an adorable little ship, sure to bring a smile to your nephew's face :) One day down, four more to go! LOL

Miriam Prantner said...

The new blog look is great! I'm loving the sparkle you added to the water in this card!

Michelle Short said...

Great card Aimes, love the whole design of this card xx

Chunyuan said...

Happy New year to you, Aimes. love your new bog makeover and tips & tricks section.

Perfect card for a little boy. Love the eyelets and the ocean.

Katie said...

Happy New Year, love you card. I noticed the eyelets right away, and the cool way you did the waves. He's sure to enjoy it.
Liking your new look.

Cristina said...

Oh my! Those eyelet have me swooning! (And who did your redesign? You?)

Karen B. said...

Dear Aimes, Woo hoo on all the new things happening in your crafty world from your new blog header, to your new stamps designs! Signed, Your Biggest Cheerleader

Mandy said...

Loving the new blog design Aimes and what a great use for those eyelets...I have a million or so stored away! Enjoyed reading your Tips and Tricks!!

xx

Jeanne J. said...

oooh I just got this set - now your making me want to get inky! Love the little eyelets and the shimmery waves!

Amy Kolling said...

Aimes, your new look is perfectly YOU! Love the addition of the eyelets for this fab ship!
I'm kind of a Clearly Besotted stalker but not any more! Some beautiful images arrived at my doorstep yesterday!

J said...

What a cute card!

Happy new year! :) X

Cindy Lee said...

Such an awesome card!! I love it a lot! I love your new blog design too! It is so "Amy" :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.