Saturday 19 January 2013

The sparkly white stuff...

A Christmas Thank You

Hey!

Today's card is a good example of what you can see out of my window today. Yup, the white stuff has fallen & it's looking like I'll be spending my weekend in Derbyshire. However, if you're not like me & have access to your crafting supplies, then why not join us this weekend on A Passion for Papertrey & create a thank you project?

I laughed to myself as I made this card a couple of weeks ago: was I tempting fate by creating this snowy, sparkly landscape? I guess I was! :)

tips and tricks
  • Not keen on how glitter can get EVERYWHERE? Use Stickles by Ranger instead. I use the shade of Crystal, which gives a transparent sparkle guaranteed to coordinate with whatever colour you need it to.
  • Frame a focal point: mat & layer your focal point onto a slightly larger piece of card stock the same colour as your cardbase. 
  • When stamping a background, let your stamps overhang the edges and stamp off the edges of the card. 
So there you have it: crafting & tempting fate. Hmmm...now where did I put my summer-themed crafting supplies....? *wink*

Signature2

20 comments:

Pam said...

Love this, can u tell me where the Christmas tree die or border punch came from? Thanks Pam x

Taheerah said...

What a perfect little card Aimes - and so well timed! I love *everything* about it, especially the gentle blue, the glitter (a Goldilocks amount!) and those little houses! See, that really is everything!!

Hope you're okay Hun, lots of hugs.

Elena said...

I'm absolutely loving the new blog look. I said it before, but just wanted to say it again :) And, love your peaceful winter card! Just the right amount of sparkle. Hugs!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...I love that die and every time you use it I swoon! Today is no exception!

Marlou McAlees said...

I loove this card!! fab :) x

Caryn said...

Stunning - and so very appropriate!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ginny said...

This is such a beeee-utiful card. LOVE it!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Gorgeous, and I've been loving the tips and tricks section of the posts!

Maureen said...

ah, yes, be careful what you wish for, or stamp! LOL LOVE the glittery snow because when it's really cold here, the snow sparkles like Canadian diamonds, wink, wink, Duchess! One of my greatest blessings has been teaching so close to home. A 3 minutes drive (4 if I stop at the stop sign!). just another reason to move here ;) Hugs and hope all is as well as it can be :) ox

Katie said...

No snow here, just very cold.
Love your card, and always appreciate the tips, many of them I hit my forehead--well, not really, and say, "now why did I not think of that?"

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card Miss Aimes!!

Wida said...

putting stickles on my must have list! love the card!

Wida said...

putting stickles on my must have list! love the card!

IamDerby said...

A weekend in Derbyshire? I am so jealous! Derbyshire is my maiden name and I have always wanted to visit!

cards by cara said...

Brrr, hope you are staying warm! I love the sparkle on this card and must admit, I quite love glitter myself. Check out Rock Candy stickles as well - ooh, and Liquid Pearls. They are both gorgeous!

jen del muro said...

beautiful!! love your style!

Petti said...

Love this card! So pretty!

Unknown said...

Love this card. It is so beautiful :)

Design Team [MHC] said...

Hi Aimes, I'm Sarah from Making-Handmade-Cards.com.

This is one spectacular little card, Amy. The designs are simple, yet very warm (irony of cold, I know) and lovely.

I was wondering if you got our email about our Design Team invitation? It would be fabulous to have you in our team - we would love to see more of your creativity being unleashed with our eKits! Please do let me know, ok?

JJ Bolton said...

What a sweet little scene!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.