Saturday 12 October 2013

Leaves disguised as trees...(and a winner!)

thinking of you
Hey!

Happy Saturday! It's one that I'm lovin' today as we've got a weekend with nothing planned! It's been months since my guy and I actually had a weekend to catch up with things. First on my list of things to do is to share my card with you for the new Clearly Besotted Challenge, as well as drawing a winner from the CBS 1st Birthday Blog Hop. :)


But first, the challenge! For this month's challenge you have two options:
  1. Create an autumnal/fall themed project and/or
  2. Use a few colours from the following colour combo:
Image from Design Seeds.

I decided to combine both options and create an autumnal(ish) card using that colour combo. It's not a colour combo I'd pick myself, but I loved how it lead me to create a card that I think could pass for a masculine card.
tips and tricks
  • The trees on this card have been created by die cutting a large leaf, and layering a smaller leaf from the Fancy Florals Die Collection on top. Using the leaves as trees creates a real clean, modern feel to the design.
  • The panel of fine linen card was a little too plain, so I added some stripes from the Basic Stripes set with Versamark ink. It's really subtle, but makes a real difference - trust me!
So are you ready to rock that colour combo, or to get autumnal with your creativity? I really hope you can play along with us. Oops! I forgot to add: a randomly selected entry will win £30 Clearly Besotted store credit too!

Here are the deets:
  • Your project must contain at least one Clearly Besotted product
  • It must be posted on your blog or an online gallery and linked up
  • The closing date for entries is Wednesday 23 October 2013 (23:55 GMT)
  • Multiple entries are welcomed but must be a new project each time
If you haven't got your inky mitts on any CBS goodies, then feel free to work with the CBS digital freebies instead. Oh, and for more inspiration/mojo boosting for the challenge, be sure to check out what the amazing DT created. SERIOUS inspiration! :)

And before I dash off to tackle more on my to-do list, here's the winner from the CBS 1st Birthday Blog Hop:


Number 345 which means that the lucky winner of my Modern Christmas stamp set is NatQuebec! Congrats! Please email me your address (see the contact me tab at the top of my page for my email addy) and that set will be on its way to ya!

Thanks so much for stopping by here today. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

Signature2
Product Used


   



11 comments:

Lynn said...

I love these soft felt trees! What an awesome way to reuse the dies!

Caryn said...

Fabulous Aimes - so very YOU!!

Carole said...

Really nice card, great idea and colours x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such a sophisticated colour combo! Add a touch of luxury and coziness with felt and you've sold me! Perfection :)

Barb Ghig said...

Very clever way to use your dies, and the color combo is stunning!

Joy said...

Simply stunning, really eye catching, hugs

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Lovely card - those trees are fab! I love how they have a retro contemporary look that reminds me of mid-century style ;)
Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

Taheerah said...

This is clean, crisp, modern perfection Aimes - I would expect nothing less from you! :-) Love this colour palette too!

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous Aimes, just stunning! xx

Elsea Designs said...

Great card Aimes, I love your style.
Lorry :o) xx

Christina said...

Ooh, love that felt texture and the dark gray card base!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.