Wednesday 26 March 2014

OCC Homework: Masking and Layering

Especially for You
Hey!

Happy Wednesday! Halfway through the working week already - is it going as fast for you as it is for me? I know I should never wish time away, but I'm so looking forward to the weekend already!

Today I'm popping in with a bit more homework Online Card Class stylee. This card features a layered stamping technique along with a spot of masking and was inspired by the one and only, Laura Bassen.

tips and tricks
  • I achieved this pattern by stamping the lines at a diagonal angle first, then stamping the flowers over the top.
  • There were some gaps in-between my stamped flowers and so I filled them with this tiny heart-shaped stamp. Little stamps like this are great for filling in gaps.
  • I originally intended to only stamp the top panel and sentiment. However, the sentiment looked a little lost and from the stamped panel so I simply stamped a heart in the same pink ink to help the design flow better.

Especially for You Close Up
 
Although the Online Card Class: One Layer Cards 3 has finished, you can still sign up for full access to the videos, pdfs etc... I found a ton of inspiration over there! :)

Anyways, must dash: I'm blogging live this morning and I have to get back to marking the books as they won't mark themselves (man, it'd be amazing if they did LOL!)

I'll be back tomorrow with a new CASE Study card. I hope you can join me! :)

Signature2
 

3 comments:

aaga said...

Very sophisticated, Aimes.
Oh how I wish there were sentiments in Hungarian, too. I could try all those fancy lettered-ones for non-English speakers. *sighs*

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful and very effective card Aimes. xx

Tasnim said...

This card is SO pretty! LOVE!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.