Monday 30 March 2009

Easter on a budget!

Hey!
Well what a lovely weekend I've had! The weather's been gorgeous so I've been out and about quite a bit, although I still managed to find a bit of time (in between cleaning and ironing!) to have fun in my crafty corner!
For once, I'm trying to be well organised! I'm off on holiday next Sunday for a week so I need to sort out some Easter treats for my nieces and nephews (I've six in total and one on the way soon!) As holidays are becoming ever more expensive for my ever expanding family I thought I'd try to make some treat holders and split a HUGE bag of Mini-Eggs (helping myself to a few along the way - yum!).

These are for the boys:
And these are for the girls:
I think they're kinda cute and they weren't too demanding to make. I made one box to begin with and then started a construction line for the others; I confess that after the 3rd box I began to wish I hadn't decided to add quite so much detail with a white gel pen but now I've finished them, I'm glad I did!

Here's a side view of each box. You can probably tell I decoupaged the image (a pea dressed as a rabbit!) to make him stand out a bit more. I hope you understand the sentiment - my bf was scratching his head for ages with this one LOL!


Box Recipe
Card: Doodlebug Bazzill (Various Colours!)
Stamps: Penny Black - Concentrics, Penny Black - Ha pea Easter
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots), Nestabilities (Scalloped Rectangle & Classic Oval), White Gel Pen, Promarkers, Crop-a-dile 2, Jumbo Eyelets, Ribbon (hoarded from various places LOL!), Cellobags

Now I need to make a birthday card for my Sis-in-law before I go on my travels - can I really be this organised?!? Knowing me I'll remember to do all of this then go and forget my passport LOL!
Thanks for stopping by!
Aimes
x

8 comments:

Sarah B said...

These are adorable, I've got 30 treats to make for the kids at school, so know what you mean about as little detail as possible, Hugs Sarah B X

Kate Lewis said...

Ha ha - love that sentiment!! Really gorgeous treat bags, your fam will love them. How did you manage not to eat the whole bag?! Where did you get the template from by the way? Oh and I've tagged you in a photo game - on my blog if you wanna play! Hugs K x

Alison said...

Aimes, that's hilarious - love that easter pea!!
Thos boxes are gorgeous - now how many eggs did you eat? (I've only eaten one Lindt bunny BTW!)
Thanks for all your comments on my blog as well! xx

Alex said...

Aww, I love these little Easter treat bags for your nieces and nephews. How lucky they are to receive such thoughtful gifts from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Stephanie said...

What fabulous little treats Amy - the kiddies (big & small lol) are gonna love them :) Could I ask you not to swear (cleaning & ironing) on your blog in the future? haha xxx

Karen said...

These are gorgeous! I'll have to try making some of these. Love the sentiment too, really fab!
Karen xx

Helen said...

These are REALLY sweet! I would have just eaten the mini eggs, I'm afraid - love 'em!

Ann said...

Totally cute! Love the color combos!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.