Monday 23 March 2009

Grey eh?!

Hey!
So I've been trying really hard to play along with some of the challenges on various forums to encourage myself to keep using up all my lovely crafting goodies instead of staring (and in some cases even stroking!!!) them! A high turnover of goodies is surely a good thing - it gives me reason to purchase more LOL!

I recently played along with the Inspirations and Themes Challenge set by Kate on the ILWS forum. Initially, I wasn't going to pick the yellow, grey and white colour combo but then I saw just how lovely it worked on Kate's card and I couldn't resist!
I used my brayer to create the main scene along with a sponge to create the distant mountains. I know I've cheated slightly by colouring the bird black but trust me, it looked pants in the same shade of grey and provided no focal point. (Before you ask, I only have one shade of grey ink so I couldn't do much else!)
As I own no grey card I inked up a cuttlebug embossing folder with my brayer (yup, another use for that tool!) and ran it through on white card. I'm kinda impressed with the result though was scared I'd stained my embossing folder, but fortunately it wiped off easy with a babywipe (phew!)
Here's a close-up of the main image - I added extra detail with my black pen and white gel pen:

Do you recognise the scalloped square from anywhere? It's the aperture I cut from my Papertrey card entry (see my previous post!). I'd put it to the side and as normal I'd said to myself "I'll DEFINITELY use that later." I'm impressed that I actually did this time!
Card Recipe
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Delicate Branches
Ink: Adirondack Dye Ink - Slate, Whispers Dye Ink - Sunshine
Card: Papertrey Ink - Lemon Tart, Plain White Card
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Square Nestabilities (Both scalloped and classic), CB Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots), White Gel Pen, Black Pen, Ribbon (hoarded from chocolates LOL!), Flat-backed Pearls, Brayer

Hmmmmm...I definitely think grey will have to creep into a few more of my projects! I originally thought of it as a dull colour but it does work as a fab contrast colour!

Right then, off to create more crafting mayhem!
Aimes
x

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Blimey Amimes - your originality never fails to impress me, this is an amazing card! xxx

Alison said...

Lovely card, love that cuttlebugged/inked effect Aimes.

Karen said...

Hello x I love the colours used on this card and your blog is lovely.
Karen x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.