Monday 2 March 2009

Another Brother, Another Birthday!


Hey!


I thought I'd share a card with you today that I made for yet another brother (I have 3 in total!). He was 21 last year but liked the card so much he actually kept it (For my brother, this is impressive!).


I love the shape of this card! It wasn't too tricky to do once I'd blue tacked some playing cards together to use as a stencil to draw around. Just had to be careful to make sure the edge of my 10 of diamonds lined up with the crease of the card blank. I did have to hand draw the cards (hence the Ace at the front - much easier to draw than any other card!) it's typical that the best hand in poker has to contain the hardest cards to draw LOL!

The diamonds on each card are made with red foil on top of some diamonds cut from double sided sticky sheets so they shimmer much more than the pic suggests.

The base is covered in green fun flock to imitate a poker table, its very nice and velvety to touch! The letters were cut from sparkly black paper using the Olivia alphabet on my Cuttlebug along with a circle cut from my Nestabilities for the poker chip. I relied on my trusty white gel pen to draw on the poker chip and to outline the letters - they looked a little lost without an outline!
I rarely do shaped cards but this one was fun to make. I won't lie, it was time consuming but well worth the effort for a little brother's 21st birthday! His only criticism of the card was, "You used the wrong kinda poker, I play Texas Hold 'Em!" Brothers eh?

Catch you later!
Aimes
x

4 comments:

Alex said...

What a fun card for your brother! Glad he appreciated it too :) Makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Kate Lewis said...

Wow Aimes - what an amazing, creative card! Your drawing is amazing and I love the idea of the flocking!! Just fab! KAte x

Alex said...

Please pop over to my blog soon as I've nominated you for an award to say thank you for all your support and comments to my blog.

Have a good Sunday,

Alex x

Kate Lewis said...

Hey Aimes - I finally got my new c/s so I can post your images to you tomorrow! SO sorry for the delay but there are some fun bellas soming you way so should be worth the wait I hope! There's an award for you on my blog, hugs Kate xx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.