Tuesday 17 March 2009

Here's one I made earlier!

Hey!
Just thought I'd share with you the card I made for my Brother's 40th birthday last week. As you know I find it tricky to make masculine cards, I always find an overwhelming urge to use flowers and add lots of sparkle!
At first I was stumped with a creative mind-block but fortunately Kate saved the day! This image she stamped for me is perfect for any blokey card! Lucky for me, the image actually does remind me of my brother (though I'd have to add a few wrinkles now - hee hee!)



Apologies for the random background of the card - I actually forgot to take a pic of this before I handed it over! I had to sneak a snap of it at his birthday celebrations so it was standing along with his other cards too. My brother thought I was a nutter, taking pictures of a card - I guess he just isn't on my creative wavelength LOL!

He liked the card, commenting that image definitely reminded him of when he was younger! He's starting to get very nostalgic now - Bless!



Card Recipe
Image: Stamping Bella - Beerafella
Card: Basic Grey - Blush Collection
Accessories: Promarkers, Ribbon (From the bargain bin at Hobbycrafts!), Cuttlebug, Olivia Alphabet, Nestabilities (Classic Circle - Large)

Thanks for stopping by!

Aimes
x

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Ha, I LOVE it!! Great job Aimes - I love your colouring and a great layout too! This beerafella stamp has got me out of a few pickles too! Hugs Kate xx

Stephanie said...

Great card - spot on for the occasion! Brothers - who needs em?! lol

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.