Saturday 20 June 2009

A Busy Weekend!

Hey!

Well this weekend is exciting and stressful all at once for me! Exciting because it's my birthday on Sunday and I get to share it with my dad this year as it's fathers' day too! (obviously this only happens every so many years!) Stressful because I sometimes think "Gee I'll be 27 and I haven't done much yet..." and majorly stressful as it means I'm required to make those dreaded masculine cards LOL!

So for my dad he's going to be the recipient of a card I made a while back - you probably remember me posting it earlier on here!
No, I'm not a cheap-skate or a chicken but the more I look at this card, the more I feel it's so him. He's a country farmer at heart and just loves roaming around the countryside. I love to join him on his walks (though he could beat me any day on the distance - even at aged 70 LOL!) and he re-tells stories and interesting facts about all sorts of things. I learn something new every walk I go on with him!

So that's one card out of the way...now onto my bf's dad. I was so tempted to cave in and tell him to buy a card! I've caught the 'man flu' myself and had such a groggy end to the week (luckily feeling better today) that I really didn't want to craft after work and just collapse instead. Now if that's not a sure sign I'm ill, I don't know what is?! Anyways I did make it to my crafting corner and make a card which I'm going to share with you tomorrow. Who knows, his Dad maybe peeking at this blog and I don't want to spoil a surprise!

So a new card that I can show you is this one:Apologies for the poor pic, I was ready to post this and realised I hadn't snapped a pic. Therefore I had to grab my camera and take it to work and once everyone had left I could then snap a shot of it. Sorry you can see my awful handwriting inside too! I might be able to stamp nicely but the handwriting needs practise!This was for my bloggin' buddy Alison. It was her birthday the other week and I'd been meaning to post a little something for ages and just never seemed to find the spare time. By the time I got around to finding time, she'd already posted me a little parcel with a birthday treat LOL! So instead of a belated birthday card, I made a thank you card instead! I'm so unorganised sometimes - the thought is always there but the timing isn't! LOL! The poppy is stamped twice and the smaller of the two is placed on some 3-d foam - you can't really tell in the pic!

Card Recipe

PTI Unless Stated
Stamps: Remember
Card: Bitty Dot Basics (Lemon Tart), Aqua Mist
Accessories: Ripe Avocado Ribbon, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Promarkers, White Gel Pen

I have to confess that man-flu means my creative mojo is giving up on me, I hope it's only temporary! I reckon Wimbledon will be the perfect cure though - I just love it and it's a sure sign that Summer is truly here (with or without rain!)

Right then, off to make the most of being 26...

Aimes
x

2 comments:

Emma said...

Awh Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you! If I was one of those organised persons I would have remembered this and with going on hols tomorrow - doh, sorry.

Sending healing vibes your way with a big hug and birthday luvs. You are truly one of the most thoughtful and creative persons I know ( if I can't send anything else it is a genuine compliment).

Have a great day x

Alison said...

I'm catching up on your blog, I LOVED receiving this card! Very restrained - I tend to want to fill in spaces, wish I could sometimes do this style!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.