Thursday 2 January 2014

Ampersand Love

You & Me
Hey!

Happy New Year! Happy 2014! Happy new release-sneaky-peek time for Clearly Besotted Stamps! :)

Yup, it's that time again where we get to share some goodies from CBS that will be available to purchase on January 6th at 10pm! (Please note the date change for January and the time change for all future releases)

Today I've whipped up an extremely simple card that I hope packs a little bit of a punch with its angle. I've featured a beautiful sentiment from the new set, Say it in Style. I've fallen for that ampersand big style!

The tiny gold, embossed heart is from an adorable set., Key to my Heart. You'll see a little bit more of that set here tomorrow *wink*.

You & Me Close

And apologies, but it seems like I'm still on the gold trend bandwagon in 2014. It'll be inked out of my system with time, but get used to it here for a while anyway LOL!

tips and tricks
  • I like to use StazOn ink when stamping on to vellum. If you're not keen on the toxic nature of it, and the fact it really will stain your stamps, then you can always stamp with clear ink and emboss with black powder.
  • The jaunty angle adds movement to the sentiment. It kills me to adhere something at an angle but sometimes it's justified *wink*.
  • Vellum can be tricky to adhere as the adhesive will show through. I always like to wrap my vellum around a project if I can and secure it on the reverse side.  
Want to see more? Then pop across to Stephanie's blog and see what beauties are on show and links to the rest of the Design Team for even more CBS goodness!

Well that's all from me today. I've got some work to knuckle down to as I start to head towards the start of a new term. Might still be able to squeeze some inky time into my holiday yet though before I go back to school... :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Signature2


Products Used
Stamp sets used will be added once available for purchase.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! That angle is absolutely justified, lol! Oh, and my favorite way to stamp black on vellum is versafine + clear embossing powder. That way you don't have to worry about little bits of black powder adhering out of place ;)

♥Gemma♥ said...

Simple but yet so effective sweetie and love the way you have put your sentiment on a slant...looks FABulous just like the card itself!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Taheerah said...

Total and utter love Aimes!! And lol, we both posted black and gold on the same day! :D Never, *ever* apologise for gold, k? ;D

But my other favourite thing about this post? The use of the word 'jaunty'. :D

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Happy New Year Aimes, great card and I don't mind a bit of gold! Looking forward to the full reveal! xx

cm said...

Absolutely stunning! Fabulous showcase of the new release!
c

Mandy said...

Absolutely beautiful Aimes, love the touch of gold!
xx

Maureen said...

somehow this card reminds me of a special occasion that might take place this year, Duchess...hmmm?! That heart is stunning and though it's small, takes center stage :) Happy New Year! ox

sandie said...

It really does pack a punch Aimes! The little gold heart is placed perfectly and is a stunner. Happy New Year x

Wida said...

what size is this cutie? it looks tiny! Love the gold heart. Happy New Year!

Pam said...

Oh, I really do love this card, Aimes! Simplistic beauty.

Lynn said...

Um perfection. You are inspiring me to use my vellum more often!

Cristina said...

What a way to kick off the new year! I love this card. Perfect on the angle. Happy 2014, A!

Dana F. said...

Simply stunning! I'm with Maureen - it looks like the perfect wedding card design :) Happy New Year, Aimes!!

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Amy! I love your gold embossed heart, so there's no need to apologize for that...LOVE the ampersand so much, too and how your classic CAS design shines through...Love it!

Michelle Short said...

Stunning! xx

Unknown said...

love the cas graphic feel!

~amy~ said...

love this, tons.

Tasnim said...

Wow! awesomeness at its best!

Debby Hughes said...

Oh my Aimes! Jaw dropping trendy with vellum and that ampersand! LOVE!

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful card...thanks for the vellum tip.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.