Wednesday 19 August 2009

Cloud 9...

Hey!

Well the title of today's post is exactly where I am today! I'm on cloud 9 because I've won the August PTI Guest Star Stamper Contest for best use of the On My Couch set with this entry! OMG, I can't believe it!

Of course I didn't just post to share my good news - I have a card too. I'm going to confess that this is a CASE of a very talented stamper, Melissa Ladd. I was in need of an anniversary card for my brother and SIL and just didn't know where to start! Fortunately Melissa's creation really kicked my mojo into gear with this:
Isn't it just gorgeous?!

So I sat down with my PTI Damask Designs set and got to work in pure damask Heaven! Well I know it's kinda bold but I'm pleased with the result. The background is a piece of 'magic card' in silver that I picked up from a craft show so long ago. I think it's magic because when you emboss with detail clear ep it gives a foiled effect. (FYI: I think this could work with most sliver card and I was maybe conned here with buying this stuff!) Anyways I covered it in Teal Stazon (gosh that stuff stinks - I've never played with Stazon before!) , stamped the damask stamp in Versamark and covered with detail clear ep. The result gives a foiled effect which is kinda cool.

For the sentiment to stand out I braved the heat gun again and embossed with white detail ep. I love working with detail powders, they work so well!I decorated the inside too - just had to stamp once on scrap paper with that HUGE damask covered in Stazon as it was way too stronger colour before stamping on the inside as I wanted to stamp the sentiment over the top. I know the double stamping technique has a name but my mind has gone completely blank! LOL!

I'm also going to enter this for the Inspiration and Themes Challenge #24 over at ILWS - it's a pretty late entry but it was this picture (the one on the right if you hadn't guessed!) that inspired me to go with the teal and black colour combo.
Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI - Damask Designs
Ink: Stazon Teal Blue, Memento Black, Versamark
Cardstock: PTI - True Black, Magic Card (from craft show), Grey (from stash)
Accessories: PTI - Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon, PTI - White Twine, Black button (Basic Grey), Clear Detail EP, Detail White EP

That's all I've got on me for now so thanks so much for stopping by - I really, truly do appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

19 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats!!! I would be on Cloud 9 too! That is awesome! And this card is absolutely STUNNING! Seriously, WOW! Best wishes from Morocco!

Taheerah said...

Massive congrats Aimes - your couch money card was so clever and a very worthy winner!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous Aimes!! Thanks for the sweet complement! I love the teal, bold and very beautiful! Such a great detail on the inside as well...now I may have to CASE you, haha!

Karen said...

Well done you! That's FANTASTIC! Knew you would win with that really fab and super clever card x
The anniversary card is stunning and very stylish. I love the layout. Wishing you loads of luck (not that you'll need it!) with this entry too!
Hugs,
Karen xx

Julie said...

Congratulations - you sooo deserve it you clever thing.
I love the card - what a great colour.
Take Care - Ju xx

Emma said...

I am still doing a dance for you my love - it is truly an awesome achievement - well done you :D

You are on fire at the mo - this card is another beauty - I am loving that magical silver card :D

Monica Gale said...

Hey sweet Aimes, big massive congratulations hunny, that card was DA BOMB!! really was and I am so pleased to see you recognized for it. Enjoy the limelight hun you deserve it. M xxx

Stephanie said...

WOO HOO & completely deserved - such an original concept & a gorgeous card to boot - I'm so proud *sob* lol

Big Hugs
Steph xxx

p.s. Stunning cards - will you stop with all these fabulous creations?!! I'm running out of ways to compliment you lol

Stephanie said...

Just popped onto Nicole's blog & actually 'wooped'out loud lol You're famous - AGAIN!!

*MWAH* Steph xxx

p.s. don't forget us mere mortals will you? haha

IamDerby said...

Congratulations!!! Your card was pure genius!

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

it has that elegant lOok...simple and beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Aimes! this is just so lovely on the shiny paper! The damask is just so super!

~amy~ said...

Yahooooooo!!! A humungous congrats!!!! Your cards are always gorgeous!!!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations, Aimes!! Love your work, you rock!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Vicki said...

Oh wow, congratulations on your well deserved win and I am just loving your anniversary card, love the damask design!

Hugs
Vicki x

Maile Belles said...

Fabulous card!!! Love the effect and congrats again!

Heidi said...

Aimes this is a wonderful anniversary card! Wow that is sooo cool! Stazon does smell bad but it sure gets great results! Congratulations on winning GSS!! I knew that card HAD to win when I saw it! You're so talented!

Ann said...

Wowzers, this card is incredible!!!! SO happy for your good news!!!!! :D

Alex said...

Congrats Aimes, I bet you're still on Cloud 9! Love the card, fab colours :)

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.