Sunday 9 August 2009

Pleasant Surprises!

Hey!

Well I'm back from Abersoch now and I had a fab time! Fortunately it wasn't too soggy with only a couple of rainy days (lucky I'd anticipated it and taken my umbrella!) but the rest of the time it was really sunny! So cue some fab day trips and days by the beach (though not too long - I tend to get bored of just sitting on sand after a while!) and late nights having a real giggle with Chris' family over delicious meals, games and drinks (though not too many of course ;D) I don't tan, but my freckles have merged making me have that healthy holiday glow!

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics with y'all - no more than two I promise!'

Firstly Chris' and my own tootsies in the sea - we dared to go a little deeper with our jeans rolled up and inevitably ended up with soggy jeans LOL!
Secondly (and lastly!) Chris and me at Caernarfon Castle. What a beautiful place just full of history and very steep, winding, narrow stone stairs up to the highest turrets providing just stunning views of Snowdonia.
Of course I've been itching to get back to Blogland and see what you've all been up to (and to check if my scheduled post worked - it did hurrah!), it would seem that everyone has been VERY busy crafting - so much inspiration! Apologies if I've not got around to commenting yet - it's a lenghty process to visit everyone and have a good nosy! LOL!

I've had some really pleasant surprises after my troop around blogland, firstly I'd love to thank Alex for nominating me for not one, not two, but THREE blog awards! Thanks so much hun, I'm really honoured that you considered me - you're a fab bloggin' buddy! Go check out Alex's work - it's really super and the sneak peeks she gives really have me on the edge of my seat!

So I know I've already received the Beautiful Blogger award but I'd really like to nominate some people for all three! I know most people probably have these by the time I get around to nominating new people so apologies in advance if you've already got them - just ignore me! So in alphabetical order I'd like to nominate:

1. Alison
2. Ann
3. Dawn
4. Karen
5. Jane
6. Julie

My last little piece of news had my jaw on the floor...I've realised that I've been selected as one of the Top 5 Passionistas over on the Passion For Promarkers Blog for my entry for Week 10!OMG! I'm truly thrilled and gobsmacked! Thanks so much for picking little me and it's given me the perfect excuse to buy even more Promarkers to play along with future challenges of course! I get the honor of displaying the following blinkie on my blog now!



Ah well that's about all for now - I've gotta make sure I help in unpacking (the worst part about holidays) and solve the mystery of how sand managed to get in Chris' laptop bag, eek!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

10 comments:

Emma said...

Whoo hoo Aimes - awh it's so great to have you back. I always feel so invigorrated by your blog and of course your inspirational comments.

Hark at you MS Filmstar, sex in the city eat your heart out - gorgeous ;D

Big congrats too on the your darling little Tilda win - I am not surprised though your colouring on that card was so juicy and bright - LOVE IT.

I am so glad Wales treated so nicely and you had lots of fun, you'll have to come further south next time. Although my Dad lives in Gleadless Valley in Sheffield so you never know ;D

Have a great week,

Emma x

Kate Lewis said...

Hey hun, glad you had a great holiday but it's even better to have you back in blogland!!

That's a great pic of you and Chris, North Wales is stunning isn't it - I have a good friend who's moved up there and can't wait to get up there for some walking in beautiful Snowdonia!

Congrats on your awards and especially the Promarker prize - just fabby colouring, no wonder you won!

Happy unpacking...I have to do the opposite now!! Hugs K xox

Ann said...

Yay! So glad you're back and that you had a great time away! Woohoo on your Top 5 finish, and thanks SO much for passing that award on to me! :D

Julie said...

Hey Aimes - your back woohoo:)

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time on your hols, what a super cute card and a well deserved place in the top five passionitas - I've just got myself a couple of sets of Pro Markers to have a go with - Wish me luck!!!

And thank you so much for the awards - how sweet of you - you have totally made my day.

Also before i forget thanks for the advice over at my place - I'm going to give it a go tonight - I'll let you know the outcome.
Take Care - Ju xxx

Stephanie said...

Yay!! Welcome back Aimes - sounds like you had the best time (look & Mr & Mrs gorgeous in the piccie!)

Congrats on the well deserved awards & being selected top 5 *round of applause* - you go girl!

Hugs
Steph xxx

memory-scrap said...

Hi Aimes, firstly thank you for the awards - I didn't even click initially that it was me! I've left a rather gushing link to you on my blog!! Glad you had a great holiday but glad you're back at the same time!! And get you with your scheduled blog!! Well done with your promarker top 5, your colouring is very very good and it's so nice to see that it's recognised. Love Jane xx

Alison said...

Looking very foxy in that photo!
Well done on being in the top 5 passionistas - well deserved, I'd say!!
Thanks for the award, hun, I'll post it soon!
Love, Alison -x-

Karen said...

Hi Aimes, It's brilliant to have you back in Blogland and a very BIG thank you for these lovely blog awards! So glad you had a fantastic time and the weather was good. I know what you mean about sitting around on the beach, I get bored very quickly too!
Hugs,
Karen xx

AuroraDawn said...

So good to see you back Aimes, so glad you had a good holiday, we all need a break away - soon be time for mine! Well done on your top 5 award. Are pro-markers really that good? I haven't even seen them down here yet?

And and even bigger thank you for passing on those awards to me I can't tell you how much I appreciate it - will post them on my blog straight away :O)

Good to have you back in blogland ...

Kit said...

I know exactly what you mean, it took me absolutely ages to get this challenge rigth and after several attempts I did manage to submit something, lovede the colour combination though and have used it since.
Love what you have done, that Magnolia image is one of my absolute favs

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.