Thursday 13 August 2009

Masculine Cards....Argh!

Hey!

So there comes a time in crafting where you just gotta do something that you find tough. My toughie being masculine cards! I dunno what it is about them but I get a mental block just thinking about them - maybe it's because men/boys don't like pretty sparkles and flowers?

This is especially tough for me because cue not one but TWO male birthdays coming up! ARGH! Well I've tackled one, that being Chris' brother, Matt, who will be 18 on Friday (and so won't be reading this I hope!) I have to confess that I was so tempted to throw in the towel and just buy a card thinking that an 18 year old lad surely wouldn't care about a card being handmade! However, I was forced to backtrack that thought when I was out with him on holiday and he made a point of saying, "I'd better receive one of your handmade cards for my birthday..." GULP!

Well I couldn't disappoint him, even if he was being sarcastic I was determined to make him his card! So another last minute job late last night to catch the post this morning I made him this: Now don't go thinking the Mojo's back yet - this was totally based on the current SFYTT sketch:I didn't wanna plaster a huge 18 across the card and tried to play it kinda cool (Interpretation: I couldn't fit an 18 on this card anywhere!). So no keys, no 18, just alcohol LOL! You can't see on the pic but I used a clear glitter pen on the ice so it has that little sparkle (I couldn't resist!)Well I hope Matt likes it anyways and if not I wish he'd tell me so I could just BUY a card next time LOL!

Card Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated
Stamps:
Stamping Bella - Beerafella (Thanks so much for the image Kate - you're a livesaver!), Star Prints, Around & About Sentiments
Ink: Memento Black, Enchanted Evening
Card: Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain Bitty Box Basics, Ocean Tides
Accessories: Ocean Tides Twill Ribbon, Promarkers, White Gel Pen, Copic Clear Spica Pen

Right then, off to make the next card. Intended recipient: Chris' Dad - no pressure! LOL!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

10 comments:

Ann said...

This is a GREAT guy card! I have a few of these I need to make...trying to put it off for as long as possible.

Emma said...

THIS IS PERFECT for an 18th - I can tell you now, isn't that what all 18 year olds think about right?

Great card sweetie :D

Maile Belles said...

I struggle with masculine cards too, but you did a great job!

Liz said...

I think you did an awesome job on it! And there's no harm in using a sketch...I don't think there's many of us who don't use them at some time or another!

Jessica Theodore said...

Wow love the colours you used, and you say masculine cards are tough?? you make it look easy peasy! xx

Julie said...

Aimes - I'm sure he will love it - I think it's great - I think male cards are a crafters worst nightmare - I'm sure your not on your own.
I do have a crafty post that i'll be adding in a couple of days where i'll be adding the awards you so kindly gave me - Please dont think i'm being rude by not mentioning them yet:)
Take Care - Ju xx

Nicki said...

I think its brill! males are sooo hard to please your right there! but im sure this will do the job! its great!
take care, and thanks for the lovely comments too, much appreciated!
Nicki
x

memory-scrap said...

I know what you mean Aimes, men are hard work full stop!! Plus there is always such an added pressure whwen you have to give somebdoy something you've made. I usually go through stage 1, excitement of what I've Made, stage 2, Apprehension of what they may think of it and then stage 3 of fear, handed them the envelope and sloping off to hide in a corner somewhere whilst they open it!! I think it's a great card and you only need to think of stage 1. Jane xx

Alex said...

Great card Aimes for Chris' Brother :) Can't wait to see what you come up with for Chris' Dad!

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Alison said...

Ah yes, the heart-sinking moment when you know you need to do a 'male' card....
But you did a FAB job, it's so perfect for an 18yr old! And I would have glittered the ice too!
Alison -x-

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.