Saturday 15 August 2009

Colour When You're Stressed...

Hey!

I hope you're all having a super weekend so far - it's dull and rainy in typical Sheffield style here but I'm pretty sure that gives me more reason to get some crafting done :o)

I'm feeling kinda stressed at the mo, were due to move next week and the thought of rooting through ALL my stuff and sorting it kinda fills me with dread! So cue some more colouring to take the stress and all of life's worries away...

I decided again to play along with the current challenge over at A Passion For Promarkers - I had the colours for this challenge so thought, "Hey, why not?!" This week's required colours are Rose Pink and Cocoa so I could tell this was gonna end up being a girly card!
I hope you like it! I still have a stash of cutesy images (Ta Alison!) as I don't own any cutesy stamps myself. I love to colour in cute images, but then I don't use them enough to justify buying the stamps if that makes sense?

I decided to carry on the theme of pink and brown throughout the card and added a couple of embellishments that I received courtesy of the amazingly generous (and talented!) Steph - thanks hun!There's also a touch of sparkle on Tilda's wings and the swirly detail on her coat and hat - I couldn't capture it in the photo but it sparkles so prettily IRL!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Dalecarlia Coat
Ink: Memento Black
Card: Basic Grey Bittersweet Collection
Accessories: Promarkers, Paper Flowers, Bling, White Gel Pen, Copic Clear Spica Clear

Right then, off to face the rain clouds - I'll be damned if they're gonna stop me from having any fun! LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave - I really love to read them and stop by your place too!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

11 comments:

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card Amy - the colouring is fab
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

helen said...

Amy this is fab!! i love your colouring , thanks for joining us at pfp this week, good luck
hugs
helen x

Alex said...

Aww, this is a sweet card Aimes :) I love these cute images and need to get mine out soon and christen them! lol. Love the colour combo and your layout.

Well hope the weather brightens up there, it's lovely and sunny here.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Alison said...

She looks beautiful in those colours, and what a brill colouring job you've done! She is one of my absolute fave Tildas.
Alison -x-

Nicki said...

Aww its cute Amy, love the colours, you done a fab job!
hope the move goes well! dont forget... pack the kettle, teabags etc in seperate box and put in the car! that way, you can have cuppa as and when... and dont have to hunt through tons of boxes for it!!!! little tip... free of charge! lol
take care hun
Nicki
x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Aimes this is stunning I love it, I don't envy your move hun, I would need a truck just for my crafty stuff....LOL, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

memory-scrap said...

Aimes, I really love this card. I know what you mean, I really weigh up how much use i think I will get out of something before I even contemplate buying. I think the image is really sweet though and the colours of the card are very pretty. On a good note, my little Emerson no longer has chicken pox... on a bad note his sister Maisie has just come out in them!! WHat with the weather this isn't turning out to be the amazing summer holiday that I had hoped for :( Love, Jane xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Aimes. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Stephanie said...

I'm going to have to send you some cutesy images too cause your colouring is devine hun

Hope the move goes smoothly - you'll have to show piccies of your new place :)

Hugs
Steph xxx

Kit said...

love your card, your colouring is fantastic. Good Luck in this weeks challenge and I hope the weather gets better for you soon

Karen said...

Hi hun, love the card and your colouring is fab! Don't be too stressed about the move. When we moved about 2 years ago a friend of mine advised me to treat the move as a chance to have a good old clear out and part with items I'd been hanging on to! I ended up making lots of trips to the charity shop, but it was very liberating! Thinking of you and don't forget you can never have too many boxes or bubble wrap!
Hugs,
Karen xxx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.