Saturday 1 August 2009

Pure Poppy & Pants!

Hey!

Well it's proving to be a soggy & expensive weekend for myself! Just purchased my new car (yay!) & have been on a shopping spree. Let's just say it proved profitable to Oasis, Monsoon & very profitable to Office ;D (Shoes are my shopping weakness!)

So just before I'm about to go on what looks like a soggy stay by the sea-side, I thought I'd share just one more card with y'all...

I decided to play along with the current Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #13 today. What I love about these challenges is the combo of colours they force me to play with - what I originally would have thought as eurgh! turns into ooh!

This weeks colours didn't fail in challenging me:I knew I wanted incorporate the picture as well as the colours as part of the challenge and so just knew I had to use my PTI Remember stamp set!
The idea to segregate the main image came from the TV! In fact I think it was The Bill which was on in the background (I'm not a fan of it!) when I spotted a pic of a red flower that had been split into two canvases. The places I get my inspiration eh?!
Card Recipe
(All PTI Unless Stated)
Stamps: Remember, Damask Designs
Ink: Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Memento Black, Whispers Sage Shadow (Don't own PTI's Spring Moss....yet!)
Card: Berry Sorbet, Stampers Select White
Accessories: Pure Poppy Ribbon, Spring Moss Button (Ta Kate!), White Gel Pen, White Rustic Twine

Now for all of you who raised your eyebrows at the title of my post....well this card didn't come without it's antics y'know. There I was, sat at my desk, inking up my poppy stamp with a large pure poppy inkpad & what d'ya know...clumsy Aimes drops the inkpad onto her BEST jeans! ARGH! Cue Aimes whipping off her jeans in the quickest time possible & dashing to the nearest sink to get the ink out! The ink came out fine btw, but I did all of this without a care that I've done this act in clear view of my window, which just so happens to look out onto a main road with traffic lights with a double decker bus waiting at a stop light! Well the passengers got a good view & a reason to raise their eyebrows anyways LOL! Oh the joys of craftin'!

Right then, I'm off to pack for my soggy holiday - please send some positive vibes for some sun!

Catch ya later (quite a bit later probably!)
Aimes
x

19 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you used the colors! I hope it doesn't rain the whole week for you. Have a relaxing and wonderful time! LOL I enjoyed your pants story!

Alex said...

Love the card Aimes! Great story too, I was reading this thinking "oh no", what a big boo boo!

Have a great week by the seaside, hope the weather is brighter there :)

Take care,

Alex x

Liz said...

Beautiful! Glad you were able to get the ink out of your jeans...even if you did give everyone a show! ha!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card hun!

Oooh I'm jealous, haven't been on a shopping spree for ages - Office is one of my fav shoe shops too!!

Have a great holiday & ring me when you get back :)

Love & Hugs
Steph xxx

p.s. Got your stunning card, thanks a million sweetie x

Scrapping Julie said...

so pretty. love the little sqares.

Ann said...

OMG, I am LOL right now at your pants story! Your card is super pretty--love the poppies.

Have fun on your vacation!!!!

Karen said...

Well, I'm glad your pants came out clean and I'm sure the bus riders were glad for the um, show! :> Your story of where your inspiration came from sent me flashing back to when I was a kidlet and we were watching a movie as a family and all of a sudden my Mom yells out to stop the movie and rewind.....she had just seen the Perfect color for tie backs for the kitchen curtains she was in the middle of designing! Thanks for the ride down memory lane! :> And I'm glad I popped by to see your triptych Poppy card! :>

~amy~ said...

gorgeous take on the color challenge!!!

Funny story about your jeans...glad that the ink came out :)

Vanessa said...

Haha, great story, sounds like me!! Love your card, you used the colors so well!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Nicki said...

this is gorgeous Aimes, really like this, its so stunning with the colours, looks FAB!
take care
Nicki
x

Emma said...

Hi Aimes,

As the carry on films would say you are naughty but nice (what a scream you wicked girl hee hee). Hey ho, you gave the people on the bus a treat to brighten thier day though - that's the way to look at it ;D

It can't be all bad though as you have created this beautiful card. I love the contrast between the red and the other muted tones - looking fantastic.

I am off to check if either of our little squares are on her blog.

Have a big icream and extra chips for me (doing a little sun dance in my jammies as we speak for you). Have a great holiday.

Luv Emma x

Karen said...

Big congrats on the new car! Gorgeous card, the colours are amazing and very striking. I Bet you absolutely made the day for all those passengers!
Sending you some lovely hot weather for your hols, have a fab time x
Hugs,
Karen xx

Kate Lewis said...

lol! Hi hun, haha, that cracked me up - totally something I'd do too! (I bet that bus driver has a quick peep next time he's down your way too!

Glad the jeans are ok (Poppy - eek, no hiding that stain lol!) and also glad to see you share a shoe fetish with me too! (Office - mmmm!)

Love your card - it's such a wonderul take on the photo, love the pale green stamping and the frames work fabulously! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for some sun for your jollies, have fun and speak soon! K xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Aimes

Absolutely stunning card as usual!! :)

Love it!
Debbie
x

Julie said...

You are so funny - I can picture the whle thing now - It is just the kind of thing i would do!!
The card is beautiful - I love the way you've split the top of it and the colours are fab.
Have a great holiday.
Take Care - Julie xxx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the background and how you split the image into panes. FAB card!

Alison said...

Beautiful card - love where you got your inspiration from.
OMG, and the pants story -ROFL!!

anya said...

Very pretty! It is perfect for the challenge!

Taheerah said...

Really vibrant and rich Aimes, am loving that Pure Poppy ink, must get some!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.