Tuesday 11 August 2009

Distressed Stitching!

Hey!

Well finally unpacked and getting back to reality now (well, reality for me is I still have 4 weeks off work ;D)

Now I've been itching to get back into crafting but my mojo is AWOL - maybe I left it in Abersoch? Or maybe I just need to surf a little more around Blogland to kick it into gear....

Nevertheless I've already been required to make a card for Chris' parents to thank them for a lovely holiday. If I'd have been organised I'd have already made one before we left for the sea-side and presented them with it at the end, but me being me I leave it until the last minute LOL!

So no mojo, no idea what to do, I just got stuck in and created this:
I know it's not special and there's no button in sight but seeing as this is going to be posted a la Royal Mail I kinda like to keep it flat if possible and to deter a trip to the post office - I tell ya, I'm becoming a regular in my local post office for posting normal sized envelopes that happen to be bulky with buttons!
Now in an effort to add some 'jazz' I attempted to play with my sewing machine - I'm still kinda scared of the thing to be honest! In a bid to hide my awful lines I figured I'd make them intentionally wonky - hence the kinda free-spirited, distressed look! Still needs lots of practise on that darned machine, either that or maybe I should just sell it!

I'm also going to enter this card into the current challenge over on the A Passion For Papertrey Blog which conveniently happens to be to make a Thank You card!

Card Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated
Stamps: Remember
Ink: Memento Black, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow
Card: Smokey Shadow, White Stampers Select, Ripe Avocado Bitty Dot Basics, Pure Poppy
Accessories: Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Sewing Machine, Promarker (Berry Red)


OK that's about all I got on me now - I'm off to cook tea for Chris and myself after his long hard day at work! Spaghetti and Meatballs is on the menu - yummy!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

21 comments:

Emma said...

Liar, liar pants on fire - you are such a lair Amy (you know I mean business when I call you that). THIS CARD IS AMAZING - and I am not just saying it. I love the rustic stitching, the layout, the contrast between the stunning green and red looks brilliant.

Enjoy you spaghetti( you now I had to copy and paste that word - my head is in the shed lol!)

Emma x

Alison said...

Whaddya mean 'no mojo'?? Blimmin' fabby card if you ask me!!
Love the wibbly wobbly stitching, and the colour combo - just scrumptious!
Love, Alison

Vicki said...

Love your card Amy, great colours and I love the stitching you have done, looks fab!

Hugs
Vicki x

Liz said...

I love the stitching on it! It's funky and fun! See..this is why I like stitching on cards...you don't have to be perfect at it!

Julie said...

Hi Aimes,
Now i experienced the same thing last week - although i think your mojo is just teasing you as this card is fab.
thanks so much for the lovely comments over at my place about my plaques - yes i hand write them all myself [I've had lots of practice.]
Take Care Hun - Ju xx

Alex said...

Love this card Aimes, your mojo was definitely there :) Love the colour combo and the stitching!

Have a good day tomorrow.

Alex x

Taheerah said...

I think you're paranoid Aimes - it's gorgeous!!

Chris said...

Great card - I think your mojo has returned! Love the stitching - it gives a rustic look :)

Ann said...

What are you talking about?! No mojo? This card is FAB! I love the colors and the stitching!

Nicki said...

and thats a card with no mojo? oh my word! if i created soemthing that gorgeous with no mojo....! i dont know, what ya like? its gorgeous! i love it and the stitching, the colours, its yum!
take care
Nicki
x

Karen said...

What do you mean the mojo is AWOL! This is fab! I love the red and green colours together and I love the stitching and shape around the Gorgeous flower!
Hugs,
Karen xx

AuroraDawn said...

Love it, love it, love it

Can't say anything more ....

memory-scrap said...

Well I think your stitching is great, wonky is far more interesting than straight!;)
I love the colours, that green is gorgeous. I'm sure your inlaws(?) will be thrilled when they recieve this, Love Jane xx

Unknown said...

This card is wonderful. I love the stitching. I feel the same way you do about my sewing machine, but YOU shouldn't be afraid. It looks great!

Stephanie said...

Wow - I think this card is stunning (what are you going on about - missing MOJO?)
The stitching is just perfect (lol - just remembering our chat)
Definately a big thumbs up here :)
Hugs
Steph xxx

Betty Wright said...

This is SEW fabulous, Amy!!! Love the distress stitching, colors, and patterns!!! Terrific card!!!

Maureen said...

Love the colours and stitching...I can understand your postal dilemma! I use the clear envelopes from SU for my bulky ones (most of them!) LOL Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind words :)

Tina Spohn said...

Oh Amy, this card is so brilliant. Love everything abput it, it´s perfect. :D

Hugs, Tina

Karen M said...

I adore this card, Amy. I love the faux-stitching especially
Kx

TesaB said...

Well since I don't you I won't be calling you liar :-) , but scheeze, no mojo! Really!?! I think this one is stunning. LOVE the vibrant colors and that stitching. It's one fab card.

Ann said...

What - no mojo! Well I think its a fab card - love the colours and the stitching looks absolutely great!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.