Tuesday 18 August 2009

H**sework linked to Cards...? No Way!

Hey!

So today I thought I would share with you something I'm kinda proud of - well proud because it all came from my tiny mind!

The idea for this card originated from me doing the dreaded H**sework and cleaning the sofa. I was in full cleaning mode with all the cushions on the floor, ready to tackle the sofa with the hoover when I saw a gold glint...I decided to investigate and what d'ya know it was a £1 coin! It's finders keepers, losers weepers in my book so I pocketed it (it was probably mine anyways!) and was kinda happy! It's usually crumbs down my sofa and nothing else...

This then got me thinking...hmmm....well I have the On My Couch stamp set - maybe I could re-tell this story through my cardmaking?! Worth a try I reckoned so I got to it and made this:
The sofa is coloured with a Promarker directly onto Kraft and gives it a kinda suede effect - my photography can't pick it up well but it looks suede IRL! Now it's no ordinary card - you gotta 'Wish Big' and move that cushion outta the way and see if luck's on your side. Is anything down the back of this sofa...?
Well I can't believe it! A £10 note!! OMG I wish I found that down the back of MY sofa LOL! Well, "It's your day" for sure! I thought this was a kinda cute sentiment to add (and appropriate for finding £10 down the back of a sofa!)

The tab comes out completely so you could be really generous and put a £50 note in but I'm sticking with the £10 for now!I decorated the inside too of course - though don't try to root down that chair as you'll be disappointed LOL!Well I hope you like it! I've entered it for the Monthly PTI Guest Star Stamper Contest for August. One of the categories is for the best use of On My Couch and I think this is a pretty cool use if I say so myself, though I'd love to know what y'all think too!

Card Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated
Stamps: On My Couch, Star Prints (for the sentiments)
Ink: Memento Black, Fresh Snow, Versamark (to create the shadow under the sofa)
Card: Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Ripe Avocado Bitty Box Basics, White, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado Bitty Dot Basics
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestability, Pure Poppy Saddle Stitched Ribbon, White Vintage Button, White Twine, White Gel Pen, Promarker, 3D Foam Pads

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

32 comments:

Linz said...

that is so cool! i hadnt thought about buying that set before but now i just NEED it. loving your work amy.

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...LOVIN' this!!!!

Julie said...

What a great idea - I love it - if only i were as lucky when cleaning the sofa ;)
Take Care - Ju xx

Sue in Grapevine said...

That is brilliant! I am really enjoying your cards.

Heidi said...

That card is too cool Amy! What a great idea and your story made me chuckle. I love the way the money comes out of your couch by way of the little pillow pull!

Taheerah said...

Love this card Aimes, it's so clever!! Great 'thinking outside the box' with the mechanism and beautifully executed. Maybe you could send it to me with some money in it? lol.

Emma said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa that is TOO COOL, what an amazing idea - you are a very clever girly. If you don't get a PTI mention with this I will eat my hat - it is AWESOME!

Melissa said...

This is amazing, Aimes! What a great idea and a beautiful execution!! Did you heat emboss the sentiments? The white looks so bright!! I'd love to see how you made this, if you care to divulge your secrets!!

AuroraDawn said...

Wow Aimes if you don't get a mention or win as Monthly PTI Guest Star Stamper Contest for August there is something seriously wrong.

Fabulous design

Dawn
xXx

Dana said...

No WAY! How stinkin' clever is this? You deserve to win that category for sure! Your card is awesome. Good color combo, well laid out, and super design work.

memory-scrap said...

Somebody is a bit clever aren't they?!! This is so imaginative and a far more fun way of giving cash as a gift than just sandwiching it into the centre of the card. I have lucky days when I'm houseworking too, usually when emptying my other halfs pockets to do the laundry, I just tell him it's my wages!!! Love Jane xxx

Alison said...

OMG HOW COOL IS THAT!!!
Seriously Aimes, that is absolutely brilliant and I love the story of how you got the inspiration.
Hmm, I rarely find anything down mine - then again I don't clean it often LOL!
Gosh I hope you win!

Nicky said...

Well, we all get inspiration from somewhere I suppose though I have to say housework never did it for me! I have to ask as I am SO confused! I've been to your blog a couple of times via other people's and know you live in the UK but I never realised you are American!I realised tonight with all your American phrases-no hope for me with my useless head!Lucky you-sourcing all the US craft stuff! I am envious!

Stephanie said...

Genius!!

You are a clever clogs - look forward to hearing your mention over on Nicole's blog :)

Hugs
Steph xxx

Karen said...

This is really fab and clever! They will LOVE this! Wish I could find those sort of surprises down my sofa! I love the cheery colours and the sofas are very cute! Hope you are having a fab week
Hugs,
Karen xxx

Sara Mac said...

Amazing card!! I saw it in the PTI gallery and the colors caught my eye. When I took a closer look, my jaw dropped to the floor. How clever you are! LOVE IT!! A definite winner in my book.

Liz said...

Congrats on your GSS win!! This is fabulous!

Melissa said...

Congrats Amy!!! I knew you'd win!!

Dana said...

Congrats Amy! You rocked the GSS challenge! woo hoo!

Vicki said...

Woo hoo! who's a clever girl then...lol it's really fab Aimes and I think you should win!

Hugs
Vicki x

Val said...

This is brilliant! Love it. Congrats on the GSS win! You deserve it with this card.

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on being chosen as the Guest star stamper for this 'oh so clever' design!!! Love the coloring on your sofa too! what a fun card!!!

Jenn in GA said...

this is the most clever thing i've seen done with any stamp set in quite awhile! congrats on winning the PTI guest stamper...you earned it!

Monica Gale said...

SOOO CLEVER< CONGRATS ON WINNING> WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jessica Theodore said...

Wow this is such a clever idea!! finders keepers at my house too :) xx

Maile Belles said...

Such a creative idea!!! Congrats on your win, that fabulous!

Ann said...

SO flipping clever and CUTE!!!! Congrats on your win!!!! :D

Janelle said...

This card is so completely clever -- love it when everyday life inspires a great card idea!! I've had fun looking through your blog; lots of cute stuff here. And, thanks for visiting my blog today, too (and leaving a sweet comment). :)

Unknown said...

BRILLIANT! What a great idea. Wishing you luck on the PTI contest :)

Unknown said...

OK - LOL -- I just realized that you DID win -- WAY to go -- this project is totally deserving :)...please forgive my dim-wittedness...have a wonderful day!!

Laura said...

This is one of the coolest cards I've ever seen. I really need to get that PTI set!!

Kim Dellow said...

Surprise! OMG that is so cool! Love it! Well done - it is just fab. Kim

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.