Wednesday 14 July 2010

Playing Catch Up!

Hey!

Well I have to say this week is totally dragging by for me! Maybe it's because of the dull (and in some cases thundery) weather more typical of a British summer, or maybe, just maybe (and more likely) it's because I'm counting down the days until we break up for summer ;D

Oh those long, sweet summer holidays can't come soon enough! Not only am I so ready for some R&R, I'm also ready for some time to get creative and back into the swing of stampin'! Speaking of which, I squeezed in a bit of time to get inky the other day and came up with this:

Card Recipe
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style/Turning a New Leaf/Butterfly Dreams
Ink: Momento London Fog/Spring Moss/Versamark
Card: Hawaiian Shores/Stamper's Select White/Plum Pudding/Grey (from stash!)
Accessories: Simply Chartreuse Felt/Purple Felt/Medium Scallop Die/Butterfly Die/Nestabilities/Cuttlebug/Detail White EP/Glitter
/Rustic Twine/Hawaiian Shores Vintage Button

I know, totally different in style of card from my previous post!!!! I guess I'm so indecisive that I can't commit to an individual style of card LOL!

This card was made for the Papertrey Peeps Challenge #10, set by the uber talented Heather (you seriously have to check this girlie's blog if you haven't already - her creations and fab, fun style always make me smile :D) The challenge was to use the colour combo above and I'm not ashamed to say I struggled with this one. Kinda wish I'd gone super CAS now as it's a bit too busy for me today but still, I'm here to share not only the good but the bad (and when I'm feeling really brave, the ugly) cards with y'all. I don't believe anyone who suggests they've never made a card they're not too sure about!

Oooh and if you haven't spotted it already; I replaced Simply Chartreuse ink with Spring Moss because my SC ink cube is just bleurgh! Not the colour PTI or I want it to be; so glad PTI are sorting out the ink situation but too impatient to have to wait until autumn for the new inks LOL!

OK I've got a long way to go before I'm caught up on the Papertrey Peeps' challenges and many others that I want to play along with so I apologise, but hopefully the typical British summer may give me an excuse for lots of time in my lil' creative corner ;D

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's a stunner, Aimes! Isn't it funny how sometimes we're not totally happy with a card we've made but other peole seem to really like it! I love the felt textures on this card, and the twine through the button for feelers is inspired! x

Maureen said...

Love the butterfly among the turning a new leaf leaves :) I hear ya on the new ink...it's torture seeing the new colours and not being able to buy the ink!!! Are you drooling over the new release? eek!!! I want it all!! Have my little list here ready for tonight. Glad you're getting some stamping time, but not glad to hear your weather is blah...we had 2 days of cooler, wet weather...which was a nice break, but are back to sunny and hot (30 degrees). yay for your summer break soon :)

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely card! Great felt accents! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Aimes, text style with the leaf just pretty!

Karen B. said...

Fun colors, fun designs, love the textures.

Anika said...

This is fun - the colors, glitter, scallops! Great card!

Angy said...

Love those colors! Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Jen Carter said...

Love this! The colors you chose are fabulous and I love the glittery strip!

peggysue said...

This is so cute, such a classic layout but i like the glitter strip and the butterfly.

Terri said...

Glad you were able to find some time to get inky again. Nice job on the card! Hope you get to stamp again soon.

Linda said...

Great card to satisfy the requirements for Heather's challenge. Who would have thought such colors could come together so beautifully!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

tu as relevé le challenge d'Heather haut la main, ta carte est vraiment une pure merveille

Nerina said...

This is super gorgeous Aimes! I think you totally rocked this colour challenge - not only with a great layout but with all that fabby TEXTURE and sparkle too!! This is simply *delicious*!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.