Wednesday 7 July 2010

Order is restored: he's HOME!

Hey!

D'ya remember me at all?!?! LOL!

Thank you so much for your well wishes for my Dad and my family through what has been a very stressful couple of weeks! I can finally report that my dad is HOME! We've all waited on tenterhooks for the day we could say it; it seemed like one thing after another with him in hospital but finally, he's actually at home resting nicely! It's still a long recovery process for him that he's nowhere near the end of, and we're all gonna have to keep our beady eyes on him because I just know he'll try and do too much too soon because that's the kinda guy he is! But at least he's home and that large cloud of stress and anxiety has lifted...

...so what's a gal to do when that cloud lifts? Well stamp of course *grin* d'ya know how much my fingers have itched to get inky?! I craved my 'me' stampy time and totally de-stressed by indulging in it! Here's the result of my lil' session:

It's a CASE of this card I made earlier. I found that my mojo had gone a little AWOL so I like to get into the swing of stamping again by a good ol' CASE. I'm sure I'll be back into the groove of stamping and creating in a few days time!


Card Recipe
PTI Supplies
Stamps: Friends 'til the End/Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: Hawaiian Shores/Spring Moss
Card: Hawaiian Shores/Stamper's Select White/New Leaf
Papers: Green Boutique
Accessories: Metal Sheet/Cuttlebug/PTI Butterfly Die/Swiss Dot Embossing Folder/Hawaiian Shores Ribbon/EK Success Border Punch


FYI: I had the sweet butterfly sitting on my desk from a result of a creative session ages ago - I tried cutting some sheets of metal with a PTI die and it cut like buttah! So I went one step further and embossed it too - lovin' the dimension it adds. And now I look at this photo, I'm gonna take this card for some distressing treatment - I think it craves some subtle green ink around the outside!

Right then, I've got a lot of catching up to do. Google reader has gone crazy over the amount of posts I've gotta catch up on LOL! It's gonna take me a week to catch up with everything but at least I'll have had a good dose of inspiration to get inky again soon ;D

Catch ya later (but not too much later!)
Aimes
x

22 comments:

Emma said...

Yeah - sweet Aimes (this is so so spooky because I just rung you to see how things are!). Awh so happy for you and all your family that your Dad is home - there is nothing more healing than being home with all your loved ones.

Loving the ol' casing your self and why not it is lush. You are just so clever - that metal butterfly is inspired.

Take care my lovely and will try and have a real chat soon ;D

Unknown said...

So pleased dads home hun x enjoy x Love this card, some of my favourite colours x Leigh x

Lucy Abrams said...

Oh what a relief - I've been thinking of you, and am so glad your dad is on the mend. Glad you've had some time to play too. :) Creating is definitely theraputic. Gorgeous card too.
Have a fab evening. xxx

Anika said...

Glad your dad is home and recovering! Cute card, love those patterned papers and that metal butterfly!

~amy~ said...

Hey chickie*dee!! Glad to have you back..such a fabbie card!!

Andrea M said...

Whew! So glad your Dad is home to continue his recovery!
Fab card! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the metal butterfly! Awesome embellie. Wonderful work as always Aimes! S

Amy Kolling said...

Love that metal butterfly! Your card is gorgeous! Glad to hear your dad is home and recovering!

Lynn said...

Aimes - so glad your dad is home...fabulous news!

Karen B. said...

Good to hear that your father is doing better, it must be nice for him to have you around. Great card too, and wow, that butterfly sure packs a punch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimes, I'm so glad your Dad is doing well. Love the card - the colours are gorgeous and the butterfly is fab! x

Maureen said...

Yeah, things are going well it sounds....love the blues in this card and I have no doubt that Mojo of yours will be gone at all :) Are you still at work? or on holidays now? We are getting our heat now...not a red mitten in sight! LOL

Nerina said...

I'm so **thrilled** to hear that your Dad is out of hospital Aimes (give him lots of hugs!!!) Your Mum must be so happy too, not just to have him home, but to be free from all the travelling back and forth! Enjoy conjuring up the mojo - I hope you have **LOTS** of inky time to destress over the next while here (and we'll enjoy all of the goodness through the blog-o!)Love the colours in this card - peaceful ... just the right thing! :0)!!

Courtney Baker said...

This card is just GORGEOUS! Love the patterns!

peggysue said...

So happy to hear your dad is home and
I am sure a devoted daughter like yourself is going to keep a close eye on him! Love what you did with the metal sheeting, looks great!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Coucou Amy, contente que ton papa aille mieux, la santé c'est bien ce qu'il y a de plus important
Ta carte est vraiment très belle, très raffinée
Bravo et bisous

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So happy to read that your father is back home! Now the stress of traveling back and forth will be over for awhile and everyone can relax a bit. Your card is so pretty! Love the butterfly. Good to have you back.

Sharron said...

Hi Aimes--welcome back! I love your card and your butterfly is so cool--fun to see what different materials can work. I am SO happy to hear that your dad is home and life can start to be more peaceful. Take good care of him and get some rest and relaxation for yourself! HUGS!

Terri said...

So glad to hear your dad is home.I hope he take it easy and continues to heal. Cute card too. Love the metal butterfly.

Heather P. said...

YAY! So glad to hear that your dad is home! I second what Nerina said... Give him lots and lots of hugs! :)

LOVE this card, too! Amazing colors, and the design is FAB!

IamDerby said...

So glad your dad is recovering nicely! Your card is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Happy that your father is home!!...and before you know it you will make rocking cards!! coz its just in you! beautiful card!

Linda said...

So glad life is getting back to normal for you. I totally understand. Your card is lovey and it's such fun to see another material that we can work with. Thanks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.