Monday 30 June 2014

DIY Sparkly, Glossy Hearts...

foryou
Hey!

Happy Monday! I hope your start to the week is a good one. It's certainly been a sunny one here - I'm not complaining!

I'm popping in today with a card featuring lots of Simon Says Stamp goodness. The background was created by repeatedly stamping one of the scribble flowers from the Scribble Flowers stamp set. I love how they make a cool, modern frame. A frame that perfectly fits a masked sentiment from the SSS set, Garden Flowers. Perfect-o-mondo!

foryoucloseupangle

To draw your eye to the focal point and add a bit more interest I framed the sentiment further by tying a loopy bow with long tails (my favourite kind of bow) and some DIY sparkle hearts.

foryoucloseup

The hearts were created by collecting hearts from punching a Martha Stewart heart border punch on some Doll Pink SSS cardstock and then covering it with a good ol' Wink of Stella along with a glopping of Glossy Accents. For the larger heart, I stamped the heart from Clearly Besotted Stamps' Once Upon a Time stamp set (Also available at SSS) on Doll Pink cardstock, cut it out and flipped it over. It too had the same sparkle and glossy treatment. The hardest part is waiting for those Glossy Accents to dry!

Well that's all from me today. Time to hit the gym after a long day at work. Am I crazy? Probably. But I know my body will thank me for it. Just maybe not today....! Ha!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Signature2

11 comments:

Rebecca Hoy said...

Love this Aimes, the background is so subtle! Rebecca x

Carole said...

Great card clean and impressive x

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Amy! I LOVE it. That loopy bow is just perfect! Wish mine worked like that!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE it. lovely clean and simple card!!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! love the grey to & red!

Margot said...

In my eyes: a perfect card!!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...lovely card!

aaga said...

Pure love.

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Beautiful card as ever Aimes... those glossy hearts have the perfect pop against your subtle background stamping ;) Rx

Maureen said...

oh, you had me a glossy red hearts, Duchess! Is this the original MS hearts punch from a certain blog candy so many years ago! EEK! If it is, I just remember how I was worried it wouldn't get used and maybe you'd pass it on :) Those hearts are just adorable! Hope the new job is as wonderful as you imagined :) ox

cm said...

Everything about this card is sheer delight; the subtle background 'scribbles', the loopy bow, the gorgeous hearts and the perfect sentiment. Smitten!!
~c

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.