Saturday 14 June 2014

Falling snow in June...

hello beautiful
Hey!

Happy weekend! It's one of surreal, mixed emotions here as yesterday was my final day at school and I now start to look forward to my new job/career on Monday (more on that later!). My amazing colleagues and friends had me sobbing by lunchtime - it was inevitable I guess!

So seeing as I'm not going to be seeing my colleagues and friends so much now, I'm going to need a good stash of 'hello' cards to post to them! :) 

hello beautiful (close up)

Cue a few of my favourite Simon Says Stamp goodies to come to the rescue that will have me whipping up hello cards in no time (handy seeing as I'm going to have little spare time on my hands in the future!) This card features a beautiful flower and sentiment stamp from the set, Summer Garden, as well as some fun with white embossing paste and a Simon Says Stamp stencil. Yes, it's a stencil called 'Falling Snow' but it's been known to snow in June, right?

tips and tricks
  • Although the stencil is perfect for creating snow falling as a background, it also works as a fun polka dot pattern for many occasions.
  • As the polka dots are closer in proximity at the top of the card, the focal point for the flower and sentiment are best placed at the top too. If I'd have placed them on the bottom, the design wouldn't flow so easily and would force your eyes to work harder. ;)
  • The sentiment stamp had a larger space inbetween the words; this meant that it was too long for the width of the card. I therefore simply inked and stamped the sentiment one word at a time to reduce the spacing.
Extra sparkles have been added to my flower with the help of gold stickles and dusting of magical sparkles with my clear Wink of Stella pen. :)
 
hello beautiful (close up)

Well it's back to preparing for my first day of a new adventure on Monday. If I find time, I might squeeze in a bit of inky therapy too of course. :)

Thanks for stopping by today. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Signature2



Products Used

7 comments:

Taheerah said...

Sheer elegance Aimes!! This would also work with my current challenge! (hint, hint!). ;D

http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/06/cure-for-monday-blues-challenge-20.html

Taheerah said...

I felt bad leaving such a shameless hint that I thought I'd return to leave a 'proper' comment, lol!

I love the soft, subtle white embossing paste on the base - adds such a sophisticated to touch! Your colouring for the flower is divine, and I love the way the added twine just ties everything together (pun not intended!). Enjoy your weekend and looking forward to hearing more about your new career!! *hugs*

Diane Jaquay said...

GORGEOUS card, Aimes, I really need that stencil, it's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hello gorgeous card!!!!

Maureen said...

just yummy Duchess! I am in love with that twine and find it difficult not to put it on all my cards! I hope the new nameplate has Duchess Wanford on it ;) ox

Lynn said...

Sparkling snow in June is perfect. Your card is stunning Aimes. You have me very curious about your new adventure!

Caryn said...

Hee, hee - been playing with that very same stencil yesterday myself!! Your card is much better than mine though - may not share it after all!! Lol! Love the way the flower pops off the card too - stunning. xxx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.