Monday 23 April 2012

Farewell gorgeous green ribbon...

Hey!

Happy Monday!

I'm scootin' in super quick to share a card for our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey:

Special to me

Apologies that the white embossed sentiment doesn't show well on my pic but does so much more IRL. The one time the sun decided to come out full was the moment I hit 'click' on my camera!

Our challenge is be inspired by wildlife. There are so many directions you could go with this but I focused on a set that hasn't had nearly enough inky love, Papertrey Ink's Happy Trails. I love that set and the coordinating dies too (the dragonfly was die cut once from cardstock and again from vellum and layered). This card also de-hoards some *gorgeous* ribbon; I've been holding on to this strip for a long time and finally said goodbye to it....does this mean I can buy some more I wonder?! *wink*

We'd love it if you could play along this week! The challenge end next Monday so there's plenty of time to ink along with us :)

Gotta dash - it's gonna be a busy one this week though I hope to squeeze in a few extra posts to share what I got up to this weekend (all inky of course!)

Catch ya later!

Card Deets
{You are special to me}
Stamps: Happy Trails
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)/Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)/London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, White, Vellum Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Happy Trails Dies (Papertrey Ink)/Detail White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)/H20 Sparkly Paints/Striped Ribbon (May Arts)/Gem (Zva)

6 comments:

Ann said...

Would love to see this one IRL...that dragonfly looks stunning!

*Sniff sniff* to beautiful ribbon...but there's always more where that came from, right? ;)

Elena said...

I have a bit of that same ribbon! I can't bring myself to use up the last of it... Love the vellum wings and the embossed sentiment - gorgeous!

Karen B. said...

You've got to get in on one of the May Arts Challenges or comment on their blog most days, they are so generous with their ribbon on giveaways you might could win some before you have to buy some! What a stunning card, full of beauty and simplicity...

Maureen said...

say it isn't so!! Although, me thinks this isn't discontinued so you should be able to track it down...just sayin'! LOVE the white embossed, Duchess, and it show up pretty well in the picture...so soft and beautiful :)

Christina said...

That dragonfly is stunning, Aimes! Love how you layered the vellum on top for a delicate look. Just gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

This is super glorious....

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.