Tuesday 24 April 2012

Orange but no satsumas...

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Nearly half-way through the week already *wink*

I really thought this week would be quiet on the ol' blogeroo but after taking full advantage of some free time last weekend, I have a few things to share on here!

First up is my first entry to the current Runway Inspired Challenge #10. That's right, I said 'first'. So inspired was I by this runway beauty, that I whipped up another take on the challenge to share with you later this week.


Not my usual colours but I think I could easily grow to like 'em :)

Thoughts of You

I hope you can tell that I was inspired by the colours and the trendy chevron pattern on the orange top.

This card contains a mix of sets from different companies but I think they work together just fine. First up the flowers and sentiment are from Nature's Beauty by The Craft's Meow. The chevrons are from Papertrey Ink and the tiny strip of Terracotta Tile has a gorgeous pattern stamped in Versamark from Uniko Studio's Background Builders: Lattice.

Wish I could get away with wearing such a bold shade of orange....though with my red hair I fear I would end up looking like a satsuma! Ha!

I'll be back later with my second entry...and don't fear, it won't feature any satsumas :)

Catch ya later!










Card Deets
{Thoughts of You}
Stamps: Nature's Beauty (The Craft's Meow)/Background Builders: Lattice (Uniko Studio)/Background Basics: Chevrons (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Terracotta Tile, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Gems (Zva)/Promarker - to colour gems!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous and elegant take on the inspiration photo!

Karen B. said...

Lovely card, especially the treatment of the colored strips.

Cristina said...

Aw, love this! And that font is amazing. Off to hunt down that stamp set now. :)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty...like the colors...

Maureen said...

Duchess, you could drap yourself in the brightest orange and still be more fabulous than anyone around! Love those sweet flowers and everything on kraft!

Chunyuan said...

great mixed pattern and color. That color combo outfit probably only works for models:)

Lynne said...

Beautiful card thankyou.

sandie said...

just gorgeous, the flower stamp is perfect

Ginny said...

I love the design of this card!! I think I "need" to get those flowers!!! Craft's Meow here I come!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun mix of stamps...it's fabulous.

Christina said...

LOVE this design, Aimes! Such a perfect take on the inspiration photo.

Karen Aicken said...

What a great card from the inspiration photo. Wow!
Cheers, Karen

kasia c. said...

Love your take on that inspiration pic! The chevrons peeking out over that top strip are just perfection. :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Aimes, this is so beautiful and serene! Thanks for playing along :)

Jill said...

This is so pretty! I just can't get enough of your CAS style! You ROCK! HUGS!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.