Friday 13 April 2012

Paper lines...

Hey!

OK, so I'm making the most out of my last official day of the Easter holidays and squeezing in another post today :)

I didn't realise but the deadline for the current Runway Inspired Challenge is tonight! Eeek!

So the idea I had for this challenge that had been sitting happily in my mind had to be put into practice, pronto!

Hello

You expected green, right? Well I was totally taken with the angular lines and folds in the dress as it strutted its stuff down the catwalk. Those lines lead to me playing with strips of paper and I came up with this pattern.

The hello is stamped in the top corner of the pattern to draw your eye to it, much like the dress uses colour and pattern to catch your eye to that particular section too.

Well the weekend has officially started over here so I'm off to make the most of it before work on Monday. I hope you have a super duper weekend yourself too!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Hello}
Stamps: Modern Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)



17 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so elegant and beautiful. Love it!

Unknown said...

Totally fabulous! Love the design with white on white!!

Christine L said...

Very classy!
Hugs
Christine x

Chunyuan said...

Love your take of the inspiration picture. Great graphic design.

Lynn said...

Total class Aimes. I love this!

Wida said...

nobody does tone on tone texture CAS better than you! this cards is fantastic!

kasia c. said...

Wow!! I love the direction you went with this challenge!!

Taheerah said...

This card is amazing Aimes!! I love all the angles created with the different layers of cardstock. This card just rocks!!

Maureen said...

graphic and striking!! Gorgeous and genius again, Duchess...just like you :) Enjoy your last weekend...that's the only thing wrong with a nice break...the end!! But it sounds like you did it up right! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Classy, graphic, contemporary, striking!!! Love it, Aimes!! I just picked my PPC May-June issue from the post office and I'm super excited to find that we share page 22! Yay!!!

Debby said...

I totally love the way your mind works! Stunning! Ready for role swop over tomorrow?

Michelle said...

Wow, Aimes, this is fabulous! I can totally see the inspiration in your card, love it!

Tigriswillreign said...

This looks painstaking! And amazing, of course!
Congrats on your PTI win!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Aimes, the white-on-white is absolutely amazing! I loved reading your process on how you were inspired by the picture. Thanks so much for playing along!

Margaret C said...

Hi Aimes, just popping in to say thank you for the LOVELY mag you sent ( and sorry I haven't been in earlier, but we've had an 'interesting' 2 weeks.... ) It was such a treat and has been picked up and browsed on several occasions since !!
I also wanted to say WAHOOOOOO on being one of the daily Papertrey winners this month - you deserve it girl !!!
Thanks again !
Margaret C

Sarah said...

Fan-freaking-tastic card, Aimes! Love the white on white and all those great angles.

Jenny said...

Yep I expected green! Love the white on white just as much though....genius way to illustrate the folds in the dress :0)
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.