Tuesday 17 April 2012

TCM Sneaky Peeky - Day 1

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Happy preview time for a new release from The Craft's Meow :)

The Craft's Meow


Brace yourselves, there's a total of 6 fabulous new sets to be released on April 21st so I'll be stickin' around here all week to give you as many sneaky peeks as possible!

First up, we're showing a gorgeous set called, Nature's Beauty. A set that really is beautiful and could cater for a number of occasions:

Nature's Beauty

I was really taken by the large silhouette stamp in this set and was inspired to play with my heat gun for this card. I firstly stamped text along the bottom half of a white panel of card then stamped and embossed both the silhouette and sentiment with clear ink and embossing powder. Then I sponged black ink all over the card and wiped clean with a tissue (the black ink resists the embossed image and sentiment). I simply finished off with satin ribbon and mounted on to a white card base.

Next up is cool, graphic set called Travel Time. This set fills in a gap in my stamp collection, and is appealing to both card-makers and scrapbookers alike!

<span class=

I just knew that I had some air-mail envelopes hiding in my crafty space and trimmed one down to create the main panel of this card. A match made in Crafty Heaven methinks!

Oh I wish I could show you more today, but you'll have to come back tomorrow *wink*

In the meantime, why not check out what the rest of the TCM DT created with these sets? You won't be disappointed!

Fancy a chance of winning one of these sets for yourself? Then be sure to leave a comment on the TCM Blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Catch ya later (tomorrow!)







Card Deets
{Thoughts of You}
Stamps: Nature's Beauty (The Craft's Meow)/Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Versamark
Card: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
/Detail Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

{Bon Voyage}
Stamps: Travel Time (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Air Mail Envie (Home Supply!)

23 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm in awe, girlie... every time you use TCM stamps, I'm picking more inspiration! You rock! xxx

Karen B. said...

Simple, sophisticated and grand!

~amy~ said...

WOW...teamie, your cards oh-so-rock!

Beth said...

Oh wow! These are gorgeous but I LOVE the first one, I definitely think I'll try that technique and hope it comes out half a fab as this!

Love Beth xx

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Aimes! The technique you used on the first card is so elegant. So glad you explained how you achieved the look—I was trying to figure it. LOVE the clean open feel of the airmail card!

Christine L said...

Both fabulous cards Aimes.... that air mail envelope idea is FAB!

Hugs
Christine x

Miriam Prantner said...

That first card is just stunning. GORGEOUS! Great technique, and love how CAS the second card is and how clever of you to use the actual envelope edge.

Lagene said...

WOW! the simple "air mail" card is great! & I love the black & white floral card!

Chunyuan said...

Fabulous card. Really love the first one. Love the embossing and inking with black ink.

Jenny said...

Wow what an amazing effect, I love the text on the flowers silhouette and the airmail envie is just perfect too :0)
I'll be back tomorrow for sure!
Jenny x

Debby said...

Wow, you really did well with that resist technique! Bet your fingers were totally inky by the end! Yep our roles are definately reversed now and I'm thoroughly enjoying lots of crafty time :)

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning the first card!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the text background used with the clear embossing! Fabby idea!! And, the airmail envie is perfect with that plane! Great job!!

Julie Ranae said...

I ADORE the black and white design of that first card. I was actually thinking B&W would be a fabulous take for that set : )
The second card is absolutely perfect..give that 'airmail' feel x

cutiephinphin said...

I love how you did the floral silhouettes. Awesome idea adding the text background. Also love how you did the Bon Voyage card.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous first card! Love the printed silhouette. Thanks for the details on how you made it. Great Bon Voyage card too!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Aimes! Gorgeous designs and I LOVE that text/silhouette card.....I'm going to have to try that technique soon! Thanks for all your sweet comments last month....I miss designing for TCM! Hugs!

Lynn said...

One word: GORGEOUS! I love the text embossing on the first won. Jaw dropping Aimes!

Geri said...

Great technique and look on that first card, Amy! Love e simple and classic style of the second also! Great working along side you girls this week!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWO!! =) I LOVE your creations!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

maria f. said...

Love the striking black/white. That stamp is perfect for it. Saw another of yours, this style, in PC no? Way to go.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love the text peeking out from behind those silhouetted flowers, Aimes!

Maureen said...

I was trying to figure out how you did that first card, Duchess, and you are always so kind to share your stamping magic tricks with us :) Although, I still think you have true magic in your hands ;) That envelope is perfect for travel cards...looks like a fun set :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.