Friday 13 April 2012

Opposites attract...

Hey!

Happy Friday! In fact it's a happy CAS-ual Friday today here on the ol' blogeroo. The Craft's Meow are sponsoring this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge, so as part of the TCM DT we got a sneak peek of the challenge to ink along to in advance :)

So if you've not already checked it out, this week's challenge is called 'opposites attract'. You're to create a CAS project that features opposite colours from the colour wheel.


Picking opposite colours will provide you with a complimentary colour scheme and is a basic principle of colour theory
.

So you're expecting green and red here, right? Well, think again! I wanted to try something a little different:

Fabulous


Hmmmm purple is so not my kinda colour, but I have to admit I do like it paired with yellow in a small dose to 'pack a punch'. There's lots of TCM goodness on this card: I masked a panel on my card base and stamped the flower from Beautiful Spring whilst also stamping tone on tone yellow butterflies on my additional panel from the same set. The sentiment comes from pairing and masking two separate sentiments from Thanks Bee to Thee.

Hope you can find time to play along with this challenge! Remember that one winner will get to grab some TCM goodies so what are ya waitin' for?

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{You are Fabulous}
Stamps: Beautiful Spring, Thanks Bee to Thee (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Buttercup (a muse)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White, Lemon Tart, Royal Velvet (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Yellow Button, Twine, Beautiful Blooms II Die (Papertrey Ink)
div style=

20 comments:

Maureen said...

what a fun challenge! You know, I was thinking of yellow and purple before I saw your card, Duchess :) I think YOU are fabulous :)

Christine L said...

Hi

Well, I would have said that yellow isn't my fav colour, but with this purple.... it looks perfect!

Such a simple but oh so effective card hon... love it!

Hugs
Christine x

Beverley said...

Lovely card. I love to see others step out of their colour comfort zone & you have done a great job just the right amount of purple with the yellow. I love that LO too!

Elena said...

super sweet! and a nice color-pairing :)

Lynn said...

Packs a beautiful punch Aimes! And I love the soft yellow. The gorgeous purple bloom is perfect.

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful job with the colors! The pop of purple really does look lovely against the soft yellow :) Glad you have the TCM girls playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Holly Anderson said...

I'm liking the complementary colors! Very cute!

Caryn said...

Not a pairing I associate with you but then you are the girl that can do it all!! This is another stunna - love the big yellow button!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kate Lewis said...

Well you've done a grand job hun - added purple to a card and still made me like it haha!! Seriously though the colours do go so well together, and of course it's a fabby design as always!! K x

Dana said...

Oh Aimes, this is stunning. Purple may not be your colors but you use it SO WELL! CAS perfection.

Christina said...

I just love that masked panel, Aimes! The whole design is so striking and works beautifully with these colors!

*Alison* said...

just stunning.. I really love that Mellow yellow..
Hugs
Alison
Owner-The Alley Way Stamps
www.thealleywaystamps.com

kasia c. said...

This card is fabulous!!
I love the colours you chose to put together!

~amy~ said...

magnificent my dear teamie:)

Laurie said...

Love love the color combo you picked! This is so pretty! That stamped background strip is perfect!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card! I love the yellow and purple together.

Amy Kolling said...

Aimes, I love how you incorporated this fabulous set in several places on this card! I LOVE LOVE this set!

Jean said...

Your card is beautiful ~ You have just the right amounts of both colors to make it work.

Laura Davis said...

Ooohhh this is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Lisa A. said...

Love the contrast of your colors...simply lovely:)!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.