Sunday 1 April 2012

Inside and Out - Literally!

Hey!

Well can you believe it? It's April already! And not only that, but April Fool's Day too (have you been fooled yet?)

Well there's no pranks here, it's definitely April 1st and with a new month comes a fun new sketch challenge to play along with at The Craft's Meow :)

Our sketch this month is by the super, duper Nina:


This sketch to me said, 'envie'. No matter how hard I tried to interpret it any other way it still demanded to be an envelope so who am I to deny a sketch its destiny? :)

Love You Inside and Out

This li'l envie plays on the punny sentiment and will soon contain a treat for my guy inside (I'm thinking cinema tickets for a date night). Normally I'd sneak it into his packed lunch, but as we've both got the next 2 weeks off together I'm not sure how to sneak it into his daily routine!

The sentiment and owl at the top are created by my computer (I had access to the digi version of Get Well Soon so inverted the black and white on the x-ray owl to create it). And I hit upon a cool thing (well, cool to me!) that you can create custom length envies with the seed packet die from PTI. I did this by simply running it only part way through my Cuttlebug, and then using scissors and a ruler to measure and trim how long you need the envie to be past the die cut section! (If that makes no sense to you then let me know! It makes sense in my head but may require pics!)

We'd love to see you ink along to this month's sketch and you're not required to use TCM stamps to share the inspiration. One lucky peep will win the TCM stamp set of their choice and lemme tell ya, you'll be spoilt for choice!

It's a busy Sunday here on the blogeroo: I'll be back in a few hours with a card to celebrate a fun birthday...

Catch ya later! (well when I say later I mean a matter of mins! Ha!)







Envie Deets
Stamps: Get Well Soon (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Stampin Up!
Accessories: Seed Packet Die (Papertrey Ink)
/Heart Lace Border Punch (Martha Stewart)/Gold Stickles (Ranger)

10 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

I AGREE when I saw this sketch the very first thing that came to mind was an envelope! Your envy is ADORABLE! FUN interpretation of the sketch Aimes!

Elena said...

What a fun little envie! Those images are hilarious. You're pretty much a genius for turning it into an x-ray - i'm sure your guy will love it :)

Karen B. said...

This is adorable, Aimes, and what a grand play on that stamp set!

~amy~ said...

hey hey teamie:) Your take on the sketch is genius...how clever are you? Love the sentiment too!

Maureen said...

that little owl could not be any cuter!! Even on the inside! I'm thinking place this somewhere by his computer or by his toothbrush!! I tried leaving Tony a sweet little card in his toiletry travel bag once and he didn't find it!! LOL I had to tell him!! He needs obvious places...like his hand! LOL

Emma said...

Hee hee Aimes you are just too cool! WOW this is so funny and clever - you really do spoil us :D

Anonymous said...

LOl! This is beyond cute, Aimes! Enjoy your holiday!!! :)

Jen W. said...

LOL! This is brilliant!

Jenny said...

I reckon I envy your envie...Lol :0)
The owl X-ray is genius Aimes and perfect Pun for the sentiment :0)
Jenny x

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is so funny - I lauged as soon as I saw it! Very clever!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.