Tuesday 27 October 2009

CASING myself!

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Man, is it Tuesday already?! Why do the days fly by when you got a week off work eh?!

Well so far I've taken my car to the garage, it got repaired while I waited which was a bonus as I didn't wanna be car-less this week because we've got a couple of bus strikes here in Sheffield! Guess it's not only Royal Mail who are fancying a strike! Anyways the reason I tell you this is because to my shock - my car got repaired for FREE! Yup - FREE! So what's a gal to spend those pennies on I was setting aside for the car....hmmm.....think it may have to be a treat for me!

I've manged to get a little inky and create a card for the current Raspberry Suite Color Challenge - you can hurry an entry in as it ends tomorrow! These are the colours which I have to say I LOVED working with:Now I loved the layout of my anniversary card so much that I decided to CASE myself for this challenge! There's a few alterations but the main layout is still there...I seem to have an obsessive personality - at the mo my obsession is this layout and zig zag scissors!I hope you like it! I think I went a little crazy with my Distress Inks but I fancied trying something a little more rustic/vintage with the modern twist of the colours. Dunno if it works but it's staying as it's stuck down now! LOL!

I have some polka dot Raspberry Fizz ribbon that I was itching to use but those darn polka dots were too bold for this creation. Seeing as this is the only Raspberry Fizz ribbon I own, I reversed it and applied a strip of Dark Chocolate Twill on top - I kinda like the effect! Also great for a poor gal like me who can't own EVERY type of ribbon in EVERY colour!If you're reading this Maureen - this is the card that I had a dilemma picking buttons for LOL! I stuck with two - was gonna be three but the time I spent picking just two got beyond ridiculous! ;D
When I was stamping the flower - I decided to stamp two to show you the difference between just stamping on Raspberry Fizz Cardstock and adding detail with a Versamark Pen:
I hope you can tell that the one on the right is the flower with the added shading with the Versamark Pen! Can you also tell my fingers got to bored cutting out the plain flower? LOL! I'll trim that flower later and add the same shading for another project...

Card Recipe
Stamps: Friends 'til the End/Fancy Flourishes
Inks: Vintage Cream/Dark Chocolate/New Leaf/Raspberry Fizz/Distress Inks Antique Linen & Vintage Photo
Card: New Leaf/Dark Chocolate Bitty Box Basics/Kraft/Raspberry Fizz/Vintage Cream
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Polka Dot Ribbon (Reversed)/Dark Chocolate Twill/Vintage Buttons Cream & Dark Chocolate/White Button Twine/Versamark Pen


Now I gotta get started on some Halloween treats for my nieces and nephews! I have a template designed - just gotta print it out and get busy! But not before getting my haircut this afternoon - I fancy going drastic but I know I'll chicken out by the time I get there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

18 comments:

Nancy L. said...

LOVE your card! super cute!! i'm with you on not being able to afford EVERYTHING that i want :(

Taheerah said...

Great card Aimes, I love all the distressing! I know it's the same as your anniversary card but I prefer this one more, probably because of the touch of pink!

As for all the ribbons in all the colours - one day ...

Ted said...

Amy, this card is gorgeous! I don't think you went overboard with the distressing... it was the first thing that I admired to be quite honest. I am wondering about the versamark technique and perhaps I'll ask on the PTI board... but do you stamp the image with versamark and then again with the color RIGHT OVER the versmark, or slightly askew of the versamark? Am I making sense? :) Great card!

peggysue said...

Oh very pretty! Very striking with the colors and glad you got a free car repair, can your garage give mine a call and suggest it? The 'get service soon' light is on on my dashboard and I've been trembling to think of what might be wrong and the subsequent bill!

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is SO beautiful, love the colors, and the shading you did on the flower looks awesome!

~amy~ said...

wowza....soooooo striking!!! love the colors!

Emma said...

This is stunning Aimes, I absoloutly love the distressed against the zing of the fizz and green colours.

I wonder if you have had your hairdoo done by the time I am typing this? did she play safe or are you a new woman lol!

Love the versmarak tips too - what differece it makes - clever lady :D

Take care,

Emma x

Maureen said...

I love the CASE!! I would've too, it's a great sketch. Two buttons work perfectly here...there's no place for a third :) And I love the ones you chose! It was worth the hours ;) LOL I appreciate them the most:) The green cardstock really frames everything so well...I love it!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the distressing and the effect of the versamark pen! Top pick for sure! :)

anya said...

Very pretty! Love your Versamark technique - it adds such depth! Keep 'em coming girlie!

Cammie said...

Absolutely fantabulous! Enjoy your week!

Andrea M said...

Aimes! This card is beyond fantastic! I love the versamark detail in the flower too - subtle but it adds a whole lotta dimension :) Love the distressing around the edges too. So pretty. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Journeymark Cards & Gifts said...

Hello Amy,

I love the vintage touch to this card. Such a great idea and so beautiful. Excellent job!!!

Vanessa said...

Adorable card! I love how you used the colours -they are perfect for your gorgeous creations! Thanks for the Versamark tip! Ha ha, I always plan to go drastic with my haircut - but I never do... my husband would kill the hairdresser and then leave me ;)

Hugs,
Vanessa

IamDerby said...

This is lovely! I love everything about it but especially the big pink flower.

dicope said...

Hello ! I love your blog !!

I want to invite you to participate in my Giveaway !!

http://myhandmadelife.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-giveaway-from-28-october-to.html

Kisses ^^

Diana

Ann said...

Oooooh, this is scrummy! I love what you did with these colors!!!

Kristen said...

Your card is GORGEOUS and I love your tip on using the Versamark pen to add shadows--just lovely!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.