Tuesday 20 October 2009

My Shining Star...

Hey!

Well we're having a super soggy day here today, I guess it really is autumn! Can you believe that we're nearly approaching November and I've not made a single Christmas card yet - eeek!

Anyways the title of today's post is a reference to my fantastic boyfriend Chris! I don't wanna get all mushy mushy but we celebrated our anniversary last week. 9 years of bliss! Well...at least 8.5 years of it anyways ;D

I always struggle to make an anniversary card for my honey; he always insists on a handmade card (maybe because he thinks he knows just how much crafting stash I have and insist on needing - thank goodness he doesn't realise the true extent of my addiction!) and I always want to put my best effort in making a card from the heart for him without it all being one massive slushfest layered onto a card blank!
So onto the finished creation:

Well I think I cracked it! Not one slushy sentiment but a very true one (altogether now...aww!) in a colour scheme that is sooooooooooo Chris. He ADORES green (just about as much as I do!) and although a flourish is kinda girly, I think it really compliments the card!Well this is the card that I'm really proud of (I hope I'm allowed to be!) because it made the recipient so happy and that in turn made me happy. It turned out EXACTLY as I wanted it to and I know it's not fancy, it's got no clever gizmo on it but it's just a card from the heart!

If you want the full deets, this card is featured as my example over on the PTI blog for our new challenge - Goin' Dotty! All you gotta do is use at least one PTI product and get some polka dots onto your creation. Could be dotty dp, dotty ribbon, dotty stamps or even handdrawn dots! Check it out if you can because there's some fab PTI goodies up for grabs to tempt ya!

Anyways that's all from me! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card...love it...I'm a huge fan of green too! Flourishes girlie? Nahhhh....

Emma said...

Awh sweetheart - I don't know about any slushy words but you're making me fill up. Such a thoughtful and heartfelt card this is. Yous should be proud - beautiful work Aimes xx

AuroraDawn said...

Its fantabulous!

He'll love it Aimes, and its certainly green :O)

anya said...

Great card! I love those colors together!

Alison said...

Aww, you big softie! Congrats on your anniversary!

Stunning masculine card, love the green with the Kraft, and I also love the way you've stamped the sentiment in two colours. That star stamp is fab every time you use it, and it's such a great motif for 'male' cards.

Aimes - you're a shining star yourself with all the amazing cards you make!

Alison -x-

Unknown said...

It's lovely Aimes - perfect for a blokey. Happy Anniversary!

:)

Maureen said...

oh, I love this! The green just pops! The button treatment is fabulous...he's sure to love it. I feel obliged as well to hand make my husband's cards...it's not easy to make masculine cards. I think they appreciate the effort and love that goes into it. Happy Anniversary!!

Melissa said...

What a super card Aimes, I think it's perfect! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!

IamDerby said...

this is awesome! I super triple heart the color scheme... totally gonna copy that! Nice layout too. Glad your honey liked it!

Vanessa said...

Hi Aimes! Well, you are officially allowed to be proud!!! The flourish is not too girly, it is perfect with the star and your design and the colour combo is fab!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Taheerah said...

Perfect card Aimes, just the right balance between style and mushiness! Guys may not usually 'get' crafting but they're always insistent that they are special enough to receive a handmade card aren't they?! Congrats on near-9 years together, that's like forever at our age, lol!

Taheerah said...

Also why when you photograph New Leaf does it come out a nice mid-green but when I photograph mine it looks almsot neon?! lol!

Alex said...

Great card Aimes, I bet Chris loved it!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Sherry said...

Great card! I love the colors and I don't to think that flourish looks girly at all.

Mara Campbell said...

the green and brown together is amazing!! I love your card!

Daniela F. said...

Hi Aimes, I just wanted to peek in to tell you how much I love what you do with star prints stamps :) Your card looks fantastic and if it makes people happy, you can always be proud of your work. Congrats on your anniversary!! Dana x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is fabulous as are all of your creations, I adore green so this is a favorite....have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

BethieJ said...

FANTASTIC card Aimes... I bet he LOVED it.. a big HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Chris!!

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

i really love yOur style in making card..everything look clean and simple yet amazing! truly amazing. =)
happy anniversary amy!


http://nasuha-chua.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Awwwww bless, well you're right to be proud cause it's a spectacular card! Chris is very lucky to have you, but I'm sure he knows this :)

Speak soon sweetie - enjoy half term!

Love Steph xxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Hi Amy, I just wanted to say what a super card.
Thanks soo much for the lovely comments you've given me on my challenge entries too.
Happy Crafting.
Katie x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.