Friday 30 October 2009

Trick or Treat!

Hey!

Where has the week gone?!? I can't believe I gotta go back to work so soon - I've had a lovely week off and have managed to get a little crafting time squeezed in too! Well it'd be rude not to with Halloween approaching!

Now I don't really celebrate Halloween but I always like to give my nieces and nephews a little treat. So this year I came across some yummy chocolate treats whilst I was food shopping that were being sold in net bags. Now these bags didn't do the treats justice so I set on making a container for them. I searched the net high and low for a template but couldn't find anything that the treats would fit nicely in! So I took some measurements and designed a box of my own on the PC. I thought I was being slightly ambitious but it all went to plan! So I simply printed directly onto my cardstock, cut it out, decorated and stuck it all together!

Voila!
The box is a little like a popcorn box with a lid. It's kinda small but fits a nice amount of treats in! I went with an Orange Zest, True Black and Plum Pudding combo for the girls...... and a True Black, Orange Zest and White combo for the boys.I went a bit further and decorated inside each box too:
Well it's not much of a scare with that chocolate inside but it's as scary as I get!Now I'm sure the kids will appreciate the chocolate much more than the boxes but I had so much fun making them!

One tip: if I was making these again I'd print the template again on the Bitty Dot Basics paper in order to decorate these boxes easily! I tried to be frugal and trim around my printed template on scraps of paper and it was a real pain in the butt!


Box Recipe

Cardstock: Orange Zest, Stampers Select White, True Black, Bitty Dot Basics in True Black & Plum Pudding
Accessories:
Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Halloween Die, Nestabilities, Orange Zest Polka Dot Ribbon, Orange Zest Button, White Button Twine, Velcro Dots, Promarkers, White Gel Pen Chocolate Treats!

Well I hope y'all have a Spooktacular Halloween! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

15 comments:

Emma said...

Eeeeeee these are too cute, truly adorable Aimes. Now if that was me I'd leave the chocolate and stroke the box ;D

Take care :D

Emma xx

Ted said...

Aimes, I absolutely LOVE these... you're making it VERY hard for a guy to resist purchasing templates!! Naughty, I tell you! :) They turned out adorable... you're such an inspiration. :)

Kim said...

These are so cute Aimes! Love the big buttons and the decorations on the lids. :)

Vanessa said...

These are super, Aimes!! I wish I could be your niece;) Well, I wouldn`t leave the chocolate!!! Yumm yumm!

Hugs,
Vanessa

peggysue said...

What a project, that must have taken some time! Cute boxes, I'm sure they'll be a big hit! You're going to be the favorite aunt!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These are delightful, the choccies look yummy too! Well done xxx

AuroraDawn said...

They are fabulous boxes Aimes, I'm sure the kids will appreciate them - I know I would :O)

Alex said...

These are great Aimes :) Clever you making this fab box! Hope your nephews and nieces enjoy these treats.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Caryn said...

Wow Aimes I am SOOOOO impressed! These are totally fantastic - I adore them and how very clever of you to come up with a template from scratch (move over Lauren Meader, lol).

Have a great Halloween!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Maureen said...

Oh WOW!!! Aimes, this is amazing!! I love the shape of the box and the purple is a great addition to the traditional Hallowee colours :) Can I be an honourary niece!! LOL Thanks for always visiting my blog and leaving such great encouraging comments...I love having you as a blog buddy and fellow PTI addict, uh, I mean fan!! LOL p.s. date night was a huge hit and lots of fun!! ;)

Teresa Kline said...

these are adorable little trat boxes, glad you had a wonderful week off, I suely know what you mean about the week going fast...have a good one!

enjoy *~*

Stephanie said...

Just marvellous sweetie!! Hope you enjoyed Half Term - it's gone so quickly, if fact, all the weeks are - I just can't seem to get anything done at the moment lol Hugs, Steph x

Ann said...

Oh my, these are way too cute, Aimes! SO fun!

Vanessa said...

Hi again! I have a blog award for you!

Hugs,
Vanessa

BethieJ said...

Aimes these are DARLING! I bet the kiddos LOVED them!!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.