Wednesday 7 May 2014

Letting the sentiment do the work...

Do not go where the path may lead...
Hey!

It feels like a Tuesday yet it's actually Wednesday. That bank holiday weekend is making this week zoom by!

So. Are you ready? Ready for some sneaky peeks of the new Clearly Besotted Stamps release? We're a little late this month with the release, but I can assure you that the goodies are well worth the wait. ;)

The May release features six new stamp sets & four coordinating die collections that will be available for purchase on Saturday 10th May 10pm BST (UK time).

Today's card features a bold, touching sentiment from the new set, The Graduate. I love the mix of fonts on it & its large size means you can easily keep it simple & let this stamp do all the work. ;)

I've also been a good girl, swotting up by doing my Online Cards Classes' - Watercolor For Cards Makers homework. I'm so glad I signed up to the class as I'm learning so much already! The card shows my first result from playing with my old watercolors behind the sentiment. Nothing fancy here; just painting a background. I decided upon yellow tones with a touch of orange to echo the postive vibe the sentiment gives.

tips and tricks

  • You don't need fancy watercolours to achieve this effect. Dye inks, especially Distress Inks, can work too - experiment!
  • My watercolor paper curled due to bring saturated, but I just placed it under a heavy book to flatten it overnight. Only then did I stamp the sentiment as the surface was then flat to stamp on & the paint was dry. 
  • Ooopsie alert! I didn't ink my stamp up properly but fixed it easily by touching up missed parts with a black pen. Just don't tell anyone! ;)
If you want more sneaky peeks of the new Clearly Besotted release be sure to head over to Stephanie's as there's plenty more over there with links to the rest of the design team who are sharing projects today.

Thanks so much for visiting today! You're visits are always appreciated!

Signature2

13 comments:

Caryn said...

Gorgeous Aimes - the photography is looking part-icularly polished today! I hope that blurred background isn't hiding anything salacious, lol!!!!

Lynn said...

I always appreciate your tips and tricks...the sentiment with the black pen comes in very handy. Love the bold sentiment and soft card Aimes.

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Aimes, I love the subtle yellow/orange tones against the bold black sentiment xx

Marianne said...

that's a beautiful card Amy

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, loving the water colouring xx

Stephanie said...

Wonderful technique Aimes - go to the top of the class and LOL at Caryn's comment!! x

loulou said...

The softness of the watercolour looks fantastic behind the bold sentiment. I love these new CBS graduate set - fantastic quotes.

cm said...

A beautiful card to showcase the new release! Your background certainly does convey 'good vibes' that give the sentiment even more impact. A grad receiving this...delight!! Thanks for the inspiration!
c

sandie said...

great background Aimes and fab new sentiment stamp.

Lindsey said...

LOVE!

Linda Beeson said...

Your soft coloring behind that sentiment is great!

iluvdogs said...

I really like the background you chose for the sentiment. I have difficulty figuring out how to use sentiment stamps but I love your idea.

iluvdogs said...

Love this was of highlighting sentiment stamps and your color choice is beautiful.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.