Thursday 15 May 2014

Love Blossoms...

This is my second post of the day today. Please scroll down or click here to check out my CASE Study card - thanks! :)

love blossoms
Hey!

Well it's feeling more like summer than spring right now as a bit of sunshine and heat hits the UK. I'm hoping that it's going to stay here for the weekend. Fingers crossed! :)

It's slightly delayed due the the delay of the release this month, but it's time for a new Clearly Besotted Stamps challenge. We're asking you to join in the fun and be inspired by this colour combo:


Image Source: Design Seeds

Obviously you don't have to go with a flower theme too but I couldn't resist. I love blossom - it's nature's version of confetti. It also reminds me that it's the time of year that students should start knuckling down to revising for exams if they haven't already!

I hadn't inked up these blossoms yet from the CBS set, Love Blossoms but I'm glad I have now. So pretty! The two step stamp design allowed me to stamp the centres in a light purple though it's difficult to see on my picture.


tips and tricks
  • I used a darker shade of grey than the ink I used for the branch to provide more contrast. Using the same shade of card as the ink lost focus on the branch entirely!
  • The leaves on the branch are created by selectively inking a leaf from the Bridal Bouquet stamp set. 
  • Never feel that you have to use the blossom stamps on the branch (they're hard to resist though!) I think I may hang a bauble from this branch for a future Christmas card. :) 
I really hope you can join in the fun with us. Be inspired by the colours and get creative! Check out the full deets of the challenge, and the rest of the CBS DT's creations over on the Clearly Besotted Blog.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine and rising temperatures! ;)

Signature2







Products Used
N.B I've listed products that are available here as well as across the pond in the USA via Amazon. They appear below as multiples of the same product - just click on the one based on your location. :)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the soft stamping Aimes. Absolutely stunning.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh another yummy make with CBS products Aimes ... can't wait to play along. xx

Marianne said...

that's a pretty card Amy

Hayley said...

wow stunning card, so pretty, reminds me of japan x

Petti said...

Love your cards! Great work!

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aimes x

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Aimes, so pretty! xx

Maureen said...

oh, this makes me think of what a wedding card for you and Chris might look like, Duchess...hope the planning is fun and going well :) I only had 6 months to plan ours BEFORE the days of Pinterest! LOL ox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.