Monday 12 May 2014

99 Red Balloons (minus 96!)...

Thinking of You
Hey!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! :)

I'm kicking off the working week here on the blogeroo with a good ol' fashioned blog hop as Top Dog Dies joins forces with The Twinery!


You should have hopped across here from my fellow Top Dog Dies teamie, Amy T. If you haven't then be sure to start out at the Top Dog Dies blog.

The Twinery were kind enough to send the Top Dog Dies DT a selection of their twines. As soon as I opened them I had the idea to create some fun balloons using the twine. The heart-shaped die from Top Dog Dies' Camera Finishers Die Set was perfect for creating pretty balloons. (I just couldn't get the tune, '99 Red Balloons' out of my head whilst making this, hence the title of this blog post.)

You may not see it too well in the picture, but I added a watercolour wash in the background of light blue. It looks like subtle sky IRL - you'll have to trust me on that one. The watercolour fun comes from yet more fun I'm having on the current watercolour Online Card Class.

Thinking of You Close Up

I used Distress Inks to create my bold, red balloons and couldn't resist added both sparkles and a coating of Glossy Accents. So shiny!

I hope you can find time to check out more Top Dog Dies and The Twinery goodness. Oooh and be sure to enter the draw on the Top Dog Dies blog to win $50 in wafer-thin dies.

Next in the hop is my TDD teamie, Giovanna. Happy hopping!


Signature2

37 comments:

~amy~ said...

okay, now how cute is this?!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Aimes! Those glossy red baloons are fab - the natural twine looks perfect with them!

Stacey Schafer said...

HOW ADORABLE, Amy! love those glossy hearts!

Unknown said...

LOVE the red balloons! I'm going to be pulling out my Glossy Accents later..... :)

Anonymous said...

I can see the touch of blue on the background. Really looks nice.
the balloons are so cute and the twine "strings" are a great touch.

jodpea said...

Is there any pointers in the occ as to what to do when you've over worked the watercolour paper? I had a 'mare yday :(

Unknown said...

What a fun card to do. Thanks

Beth F. said...

Beautiful card! I love adding glossy accents to my creations as well :)
Beth
Beth's Beauties

cghundley said...

Cute card and the
twine works nice
for the strings.
Lovely background.
Carla from Utah

Giovana said...

Super cute and lovely project, Amy!! Love the very glossy heart.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love those glossy balloons, Aims! Great card!

Pamela said...

I love that song!!! I love the glossy balloons!

Sue D said...

very cute--I like your shiny heart balloons.

Anita said...

Love those balloons too

Evelyn said...

Love the red balloons! Especially like the blue behind them.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Aimes, love the balloons :) xx

Lura said...

Love those red red balloons!

LW said...

Nice and sweet. The balloons are yummy!!!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

I love those shiny red balloons, reminds me of a book my daughter had when she was a wee one!!

Virginia L. said...

I love how you anchored the balloons, Amy! You make the balloons look amazing! Love the subtle background water-coloring, too!

Amy C. said...

Very cute card! I love the glossy red balloons!

WhoMom said...

Adorable card! Now I'm going to have the "Luftballoon" song in my head. Love the deep red of the balloons.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Pretty red balloons! Great CAS card!

Nikki said...

This is so pretty Your red hearts are wonderful :)

Heather said...

I love those balloons!! very awesome!

Tifany said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!
Thanks for sharing!

- Tifany D.
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Senior Designer at The Twinery}

Steph Ackerman said...

Love those balloons.

loulou said...

Gorgeous CAS design. I love that soft wash background and of course those stunning red balloons - but now I can't get the song out of my head.

lindaplus3 said...

beautiful job with your balloons :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

such a fun use of those hearts, love it!

Cheryl C. said...

Very cute C&S card! Thanks for sharing!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Now that song is in my head, too...cute card!

Denise Bryant said...

I love your balloon bouquet card! Fun design, and great use of the dies and twine!

KFlaherty said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Karen L K said...

Those balloons look great with the glossy accents! Cute fun card.

DoBea A. said...

This is gorgeous and I love that watercolor background!

Helen Gullett said...

Amy this so lovely! Love the red color pop so well! Very nice background!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.