Tuesday 13 May 2014

Hello, beautiful stamp set...

hello beautiful
Hey!

I'm still having a ton of fun with my watercolours thanks to the current Online Card Class: Watercolor class and some fabulous new goodies from Simon Says Stamp. As soon as I saw this stamp set (designed by Mama Elephant for SSS) I just knew it had to come and live here!

This card was so simple to make but took time to paint. It's definitely one of those cards you can't make in a hurry! I created a rectangular mask and stamped the different flowers/leaves over it before then painting it. I'm no gardener and I've no idea what colour these flowers should really be, so there's a bit of artistic licence here...*wink*

hello beautiful close up

I used a combination of  watercolour pencil crayons and some Twinkling H2O watercolours with added shimmer in them. It's really hard to capture the shimmery goodness, but it looks super pretty IRL. :)

tips and tricks
  • I stamped my sentiment a little off-centre - boo! To balance it, I punched a tiny heart from gold Cricut Iron On Material and adhered it. 
  • The real time consuming part of this card was waiting for parts of my painting to dry before adding more layers of colour. If you're really impatient, you could always blast wet sections with a heat gun. 
  • I tried to balance my stamping. There's nothing really random about it! Where I stamped one flower, I then stamped it again in the opposite corner.  
Well, that's enough gardening for one day. Though I have a feeling that this stamp set is going to be inked up a lot more when I can find the time to play some more!

Thank you so much for stopping by here today!

Signature2



Products Used

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Stunning Aimes!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.