Monday 5 May 2014

Border Die = Lace Strip

With Sympathy
Hey!

Happy Monday and happy Bank Holiday Monday to my fellow peeps who have it. I know I'm extremely thankful for the extra day's holiday *wink*!

So on this extra day of freedom, I've been a busy, crafting bee today getting busy with the new release from Top Dog Dies. :)


I used the new Top Dog Dies Alaina Lace Border Die border die in a slightly different way to create this kinda lace strip. So easy. When I paired the lace strip with a couple of new flowers from the Top Dog Dies Pretty Petals Die Set and added some vellum leaves (a die cut that was in my scrap pile from a previous project), the card seemed to evolve into a sympathy one.

WithSympathy
Is it just me, or does that border/lace strip design remind you of those friendship bracelets that were all the rage in the '90s? Probably just me, ha!

tips and tricks
  • In order to achieve the lace effect, I simply cut a horizontal section out of my die cut border and layered it on to a piece of acetate. The acetate is cut to the size of the front panel on the card and I secured the grey sections of card-stock to it as well before mounting on my card-base with foam pads.
  • Glossy Accents was my friend in getting that die-cut, delicate strip to stick to the acetate. Lots of tiny dots does the trick. Just be aware that it spreads as you secure it so a little goes a long way!  
  • For even more dimension, I selected two die cut flowers and layered them. It doesn't matter if the flowers are different designs, they can still look pretty when layered. :)
I like to have an odd sympathy card in my stash. As depressing as the thought may be, you never quite know when you may need one. I'm hoping not anytime soon...!

Oooh and if you fancy a chance of winning some of these dies this week over on the Top Dog Dies blog and Facebook page so stay tuned! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! 

Signature2




Products Used

13 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Really stunning - love the color combo!

Petti said...

Pretty card!

Mandy said...

This is beautiful Aimes x

Lynn said...

Amazing card Aimes. Love how you did the panel for the lace die. Gorgeous.

Kara said...

Such a great idea. Love it!

Maureen Merritt said...

Stunning!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Maureen said...

I just love the hit of aqua and the dark strip, Duchess. So classy and elegant. My sympathy stash is empty...thanks for the reminder! I may CASE this gorgeous design :) ox

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO beautiful, Aimes!!

Anonymous said...

There is indeed one word I think of when I see your work: stunning! Just love this and must have the flowers and lace border die!! xo

Unknown said...

such a gorgeous card!!

Jen Carter said...

LOVE this card!! It is so beautiful and eye catching!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.